Regular Contributor

Need help with a customer service issue with another co.

Hi, all -

I just received a pair of shoes I ordered through Naturalizer. They are slightly too big, but that's not the real issue (I could just get a heel pad so they wouldn't slip if it was just a sizing thing).

I was expecting them to be just like a pair from last year since they are the same basic style. I love the ones I got last year; they are so comfy and hold up well. This new pair, however, rub in all the wrong spots and dig into the top of my foot. Plus, I can just about feel the floor I'm walking on through them -- they are so thin and unsupportive.

I want to return them but hate paying the return shipping. I'm willing to exchange for a different style IF I can get free return shipping with this pair. I got my original pair with free shipping b/c they were running a special.

Is there anything specific I could say/do to get free return shipping? Otherwise, I'd have to pay close to $10 to return them and really won't be up for purchasing another pair through them. I know it's my own fault, since there's always that chance with ordering online that you may have to send them back, but I would hope that any company with stellar customer service would be willing to waive the return shipping if I'm willing to exchange for a different pair. What do you think? Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

ophelia :-)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help with a customer service issue with another co.

Naturalizer is a very good company and if you contact them and lay out the problems you are having with your purchase I am sure they will help you out with an exchange and hopefully free shipping. When I order I always ask if they run true to size. FYI: 6PM does not do exchanges so you really have to be careful when ordering from them. Good Luck, let us know how you made out as a lot of us order from them too.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Craftie! 6pm takes returns, though, right?

Super Contributor

just start out nice. nearly all companies will give you what you want. if nice doesn't wor, get nasty. i have never failed to be reimbursed for ripoffs or poor products.

Regular Contributor

Okay - I have a letter in to their customer service. Fingers crossed!!

Super Contributor

Do what I do with every company that charges return shipping fee ....mark it as defective...works every time.

Honored Contributor

Did it ever occur to you to call and ask them?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Yes - I tried that once before with no luck... but sometimes I think it depends which customer service rep you speak to. I did put a letter in to customer service; I figured I'd start there.

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Do what I do with every company that charges return shipping fee ....mark it as defective...works every time.

That's as bad as the customer who said she rips everything.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your help! Guess what - I got a prepaid return label emailed to me. Woo hoo!