Regular Contributor

Help with Orthotics-Please help me find shoes that will fit my Orthotics.

I now have custom Orthotics. I can't find any shoes that they fit in besides my sneakers. Any suggestions???? Thanks so much!!
Super Contributor

Re: Help with Orthotics-Please help me find shoes that will fit my Orthotics.

Footsmart devotes a section to shoes that can accommodate custom orthotics.

Honored Contributor

You can spend all day in Famous Footwear trying on stuff, and nobody bothers you.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Contributor

Merrells, Keen and some Clarks shoes accommodate my orthotic. I have never found a cute ballet type of flat shoe that will work, heel always sits too high and slips. Most walking athletic shoes work for me too. Good luck. Orthotics have really helped with pain all the way up to my neck.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of mall stores, but the few times I've shopped at The Walking Store they've been quite helpful.
Honored Contributor

I do not find that I can buy shoes online or from TV - I think you need to invest some time in going to a good - top notch shoe store and trying on various shoes with hte orthotic. Most cities have one specific store where they recommend you go to find hard to find shoes= ask your podiatrist, he probably can recommend where to go , and the staff there will be knowledgeable and assist you. Generally you need to take out the insole and replace it with the orthotic or your foot will be too high in the shoe. I do have one pair of dressy flat shoes that i can't wear the orthotic with but I am not generally walking very far in them.
Trusted Contributor

My podiatrist gives out a list of sneakers,which he considers appropriate for different foot types/problems ( high arch,flat footed,etc.) and all accomodate orthotics. Now if he'd only do that for shoes! I have good luck at Nordies and a salespersonI've dealt with for years. Munro are expensive,but they are US made and most accomodate orthotics.