Contributor

I've purchased two of Anna Griffin's cardmaking kits, but have yet to use them. From what I can see from her presentations, it looks like she uses a xyron for adhering the pieces. Would the 9" Xyron machine be what I need? Thank you in advance.

Valued Contributor

Re: Adhesive For Cardmaking?

Hi Susan, for the card kits I use the Xyron 1 1/2" sticker maker (like the gold one they showed today), the Xyron 3" sticker maker and the Xyron tape runner. The 9" is great but for cards I think the smaller sizes work better. If I were choosing just one, it would be the tape runner because you can use on large and small items and I have even used it to hold together the rosette that come with the card kits. You are going to have so much fun with these card kits. Dont be afraid to layer on the embellishments. As Anna says, more is more :-) and people are going to be very impressed when you give them one of your creations! Besides it is fun to play around with them - i often tale a picture with my phone in order to decide what I want to do and then a picture of the final product. Enjoy!!
Contributor

Many thanks, mewsmomtoo! I cancelled the 9" and ordered the gold 1 1/2" sticker maker and a 2" and tape runner bundle. Upon your recommendations, I now feel excited and confident I will make well put together and beautiful cards. Can't wait to receive them!

Anna Griffin has such beautiful products and I must admit I bought quite a few items. Thank you again!

Regular Contributor

I have an adhesive question as well.

What does everyone use to stick those big lacy intricate die cuts down? Some of them are so cut out and detailed there's nowhere to stick any adhesive. They're too big to run through my small Xyron sticker maker, which would be perfect if it was the right size.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Kati said:

What does everyone use to stick those big lacy intricate die cuts down? Some of them are so cut out and detailed there's nowhere to stick any adhesive. They're too big to run through my small Xyron sticker maker, which would be perfect if it was the right size.

QVC used to sell sheets with teeny sticky beads for such items. Try ebay or google. I don't even know what to call this adhesive, but maybe just adhesives in the search box will bring it up.

ETA: Look at Yankee Scrapper Girls for glue dots in all sizes, even in rollers, as these may work.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info, mousiegirl. I've tried teeny tiny glue dots but it was so difficult to do and took a long time for just one die cut. I used tweezers and they kept sticking to the tweezers, plus I was crossed eyed by the time I'd finished!

But you gave me an idea. Maybe sheets of double sided adhesive would work. Just stick one side to the die cut, then peel off the backing on the other side and stick it down. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Duh! I'll do an ebay search. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Kati said:

Thanks for the info, mousiegirl. I've tried teeny tiny glue dots but it was so difficult to do and took a long time for just one die cut. I used tweezers and they kept sticking to the tweezers, plus I was crossed eyed by the time I'd finished!

But you gave me an idea. Maybe sheets of double sided adhesive would work. Just stick one side to the die cut, then peel off the backing on the other side and stick it down. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Duh! I'll do an ebay search. Thanks again!

The tiny glue dots also come on rollers so they can be rolled on, sounds interesting, so I may look into it when I need something.

Regular Contributor

It might be pretty easy to roll around the curves and edges of a die cut, so I'll check it out. I didn't know about this. Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Kati said:

This may be what you need: Therm O Web Sticky Dots Adhesive Sheets. They come in a pack of 8 sheets 8 1/2 by 11. JoAnn's has them for $7.99 and Walmart for $6.63.

You would use these by laying your piece on the sheet and when you pull it off the adhesive is on your piece like when using the Xyron.

Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Austins Baba said:
On 2/28/2015 Kati said:

This may be what you need: Therm O Web Sticky Dots Adhesive Sheets. They come in a pack of 8 sheets 8 1/2 by 11. JoAnn's has them for $7.99 and Walmart for $6.63.

You would use these by laying your piece on the sheet and when you pull it off the adhesive is on your piece like when using the Xyron.

Yes, this is the type that used to be sold here, different company though., and these are permanent, whereas the other could be lifted from the scrapbook page and repositioned. Amazon also sells this.