Valued Contributor

Jan.21Shows - What Did You Buy?

Hi all, sorry for tiny font. I don't have a working computer. I bought the TS on authorship, the set of 30 folders for the embossing folders so I can get those more organized and the Martha Stewart Frame Punch set. It is down to $13.00 plus half price shipping and I have a project in mind for it. At that price, it is affordable. I guess I should go back and buy the storage folders for these new folders. There is soooooo much more that I want to buy, but I am trying to be reasonable. Happy Shopping Everyone!!!!!
Contributor

Re: Jan.21Shows - What Did You Buy?

I ordered several things. I got the TS on autoship, 12" folders, Best in show and Juliette paper lines, and the metalic papers....so far... I'm saying "so far" but hoping I can control myself for the rest of the day! LOL

Regular Contributor

Hi, ladies!

I purchased the TS on autoship, though I think I only want 2 of the upcoming sets. I bought the Jolie kit. I've been watching it for a while, and it's $10 off today. I wasn't planning on that, so I told myself that had to be it. Then I caved and ordered the metallic papers, too. I used up all the golds in the Christmas kit. I'd love to find the brighter gold metallic paper in Michael's.

So, that's it for me! I love the Juliette kit, but I don't have many people to make cards for or scrap for using that theme.

I passed on the pop up kit. The price made me stop and think. It was nice for a change, but I can make a couple of pop up cards without using a kit. It's nicer, when people have cards out on display to have the decorations on the outside of the card. Also, once some 3rd grade students showed me how they made pop out cards out of their graded homework worksheet and a kiddie scissor! If they could do it without a pattern, so can I, right? Theoretically.

I HAD planned on ordering the 12" paper folding/embossing folders, but, I didn't realize that they didn't come with the 12" plates. If I had to purchase the set that included those, it would have cost another $45 or so. I had to be honest with myself: I probably wouldn't use it enough to make the $90 approximate price tag worthwhile. I haven't even made a dent in the paper pleating kit Anna sold a year or so ago. So many crafts, so little time!

I can't wait to work with the TS!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Paper Tricks and like Upallnight1 said, had to order the other 12" set to get the plates. I probably could have ordered the 12" plates somewhere else, but it's so much easier to get the ones that I know will work with the new kit. I also ordered the TS on auto-ship, the glitter paper and 12" storage box. I skipped the pop-up cards. I thought they were clever, but too expensive for the way I would use the kit.

Valued Contributor

Hi all, yes I had to pass on the Paper Tricks set too because I realized I didn't have the 12" plates. I did find them on HSN for $16.00 each plate (one A & one B, sold separately) and also the set that included four embossing folders but for the moment I will pass. There is also a set of A, B & C 12" plates for $40.00, but it is sold out. I hope this set will return because I love adding the rosettes to my cards and this set would be great for cards and scrapbooking and framing pictures.
Valued Contributor

For anyone wondering, I have ordered 3birds items over the years and they are very good quality. I wouldn't hesitate to order more...and I just might before the end of the day! :-D
Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I ordered the pop-up card kit, and silver flourishes and the Best In Show kit. Today, I ordered the TS on auto-delivery (can't wait!!!), the 5 x 7 metallic paper set, another storage box and the gussetted sleeves for the TS items. My credit card hopes that's it for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Oh yes, aren't those silver flourishes beautiful!? I wanted those too and hope they come back, maybe in March. So much to choose from!
Valued Contributor

I realize this is a little late, but if you order through Mr Rebates, you get 5%back and through Ebates you get 3% back. Just register with them, then go to HSN through their website and then you receive checks quarterly. Until today I used Ebates, but then I found out that Mr Rebates offers more money so I ordered through them today. Haven't heard anything bad about them so hopefully they are as easy as Ebates which has been perfect so far.
New Contributor

I got the TSV, the paper tricks, both metallic paper sets and the martha stewart frame punch set on clearance. I always check in with you ladies on the craft days use to be on here as nutty Smiley Happy