Regular Contributor

Newbie Crafter Needs Help: Does anyone know of a plain 5" x 7" die?

Instead of using my cruddy paper cutter to cut an inaccurate 5" x 7" piece of cardstock, does anyone know of a plain 5" x 7" die that I can use?

I'm new to using dies but I have looked at Sets A & B of the 'matting basics' dies of Spellbinders and neither set cuts an exact 5" x 7".

Does anyone know if there's a die set out there that I could use?

Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie Crafter Needs Help: Does anyone know of a plain 5"" x 7"" die?

I'm sorry, I don't know of one, but I haven't really looked - it's a great idea! Let us know if you find something that works. I am trying to think if there is a way to make one at home since it is a simple shape, but I can't at the moment.

Regular Contributor

I had the same problem till I bought a new Fiskars Scrapbooking Paper Trimmer. It was only $12.50 with a JoAnn's 50% off coupon. What a difference it makes! It holds a 12x12 piece of cardstock and I can easily cut a 5x7 piece off or whatever size I want. A great purchase!

Contributor

YES! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Spellbinders has a set of plain rectangle dies that contain several sizes. They are mostly used for making cards which was why I bought them. The 5X7 is the largest in the set.

I am not sure if they sell it individually but I don't think so. The money is well worth the set though as they can be used for all sorts of scrapbooking, card-making and home storage ideas. I used one set to make table numbers for a wedding and that worked out great!

I hope this helps!

Luv

PA Lady
Honored Contributor

Amazon carries them, also fancier dies.

Product Details

Regular Contributor

On 1/6/2015 ChihuahuasForever said:

YES! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Spellbinders has a set of plain rectangle dies that contain several sizes. They are mostly used for making cards which was why I bought them. The 5X7 is the largest in the set.

Thank you for the reply; however, the Spellbinders dies are CLOSE to being 5"x7" but not quite. In Set A, the biggest die is 4-7/8" x 6-7/8". And in Set B the biggest die is 4-5/8" x 6-5/8".

Contributor

I'm sorry....I was referring to the Nestablities card-making dies that mousegirl has pictured. I have several of the mat dies in these and am sure they have dies to create the front and back. I haven't been able to make cards in awhile and am trying to remember what I have. I have so many different dies it's hard to recall off the top of my head but I do know these things are goof-proof and I love that about them!

PA Lady