Frequent Contributor

Anna Griffin Super Scrapbooking Sale

I just got an email from AG telling about her next scrapbook sale on her website, not HSN. It is December 1 starting at 12 PM. Hope she has some Christmas items!

Valued Contributor

Re: Anna Griffin Super Scrapbooking Sale

I think there will be Christmas stuff since one of the pictures showed Christmas paper and embellishments, I don't remember if it looked like a card kitSmile. If you haven't shopped one her sales before, items can go quickly so I would open an account before the sale if you don't have one. I have an account with her that I've always used in the past, but this time it says to open an Amazon account?!

I can't remember if items are available for viewing in advance, but if they are, definitely do that so you can decide what you want. That way items will not sell out while you are deciding.

Also, I wish they would say the sale starts at 12 noon or 12 midnight. I do not know which they mean when say 12PM - technically, I know that means noon, but I don't know if the person who typed the notice knows that. I'm sorry to say that some people are not actually very bright when it comes to those kinds of details. Yesterday, on our local 5PM news, they actually put up a graphic for a police officer's funeral saying it would be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints - sigh.......that should be "Latter-Day" with a hyphen

Frequent Contributor

I do have an account with Amazon cause I have bought a few things from them in the past. I noticed the one Christmas item on the invite and am hoping there are more. I'll be waiting for noon on Dec. 1!

Regular Contributor

So can anyone give us an idea of what kind of typical discounts we can expect? 10%? 25%? 50%?

And what kinds of items can we expect? Just the items from the AnnaGriffin.com website? Or might it include items we see on other shopping sites that aren't on her website?

Valued Contributor

This is definitely a clearance sale. I can't remember exactly, but the discounts are at least 40% and I think there are a lot of items are discounted beyond 50%. If it impresses me, it has to be pretty good. There may be items that aren't as deeply discounted, but it is a sale that is worth checking out.

ETA:I think it is just items available on her site, but then I don't know what is available elsewhere.

Regular Contributor

Looking at a recent post on FB there is an item called the Holiday Perfect Palette Cardmaking kit that will be on the sale, which I guess is different from the Perfect Palette Cardmaking kit that's on HSN right now. And this Holiday kit isn't on Anna's own website. So it appears as though this sale is going to be very interesting!

Does anyone know---was this Holiday kit something that was sold on HSN last season?

Regular Contributor

I'm really looking forward to this sale!

For those of you who remember it from last year, are the items for sale on the Anna Griffin website? Since they say you need an Amazon account made me think the sale items would be listed on Amazon?

What kind of things did you buy last year?

Valued Contributor

The Amazon addition is new so I am not sure how this is going to work. In past sales, we have purchased directly from her website. Now that I am thinking about it, I think her website crashed last year and a lot of people missed out on things because it was kind of hit and miss as to when you were able to get on and stay on so maybe that is the reason for the change.

Last year, I bought some embellishments, Christmas paper that I actually framed in dollar store frames and hung up for the season and some scrapbooking stuff for doing kids' pages.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Mews! It kinda sounds like Amazon's handling the sale this time around if there were problems with Anna's site last year. Good news for me as I do have an account with them plus a couple of Amazon gift cards! Hope I can use them to purchase some Anna supplies.

Regular Contributor

UPDATE! From Anna's Facebook page:

Our Scrapbook Super Sale kicks off December 1st at 12 p.m. EST and will take place through an exclusive

website that we will post right here on Facebook and send out in our email newsletter the day of the sale.

All you need is an Amazon.com account for checkout.

The plot thickens!! Here's a comment someone left:

I felt the sale last year was a disaster. The way things are removed from your cart almost immediately, I

couldn't even look what was available before things disappeared. After less than ten minutes, nothing was

left in my cart. I feel it was a horrible way to treat your fans and certainly not how other businesses

conduct online sales.