Regular Contributor

Suggestions for Repositionable Adhesive

Can anyone recommend a good repositionable adhesive for cardmaking? I'd like to temporarily adhere embellishments to my Anna Griffin cards while I contemplate whether or not I like the layout. I think I'd like a runner best, vs tape or a liquid glue or spray glue, as it'd be easier to use. But if you are in love with something, please just let me know about it, whatever it is.

And it has to be a light adhesive..meaning when/if I take the embellishment off it doesn't remove any paper with it. (Which I guess is the definition of respositionable.....!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Repositionable Adhesive

I like Aileen's Tack It Over and Over. It's liquid but easy to use, and when you don't want to reposition anymore, you can just leave it in place, and it will hold like regular glue.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Louisa May.

I should've been more specific in my question. I don't want to put much repositionable adhesive on my embellishments because if I don't like my card's layout I want to be able to take the adhesive off the embellishments so I can put them back in my stash for a later card.

Valued Contributor

I actually don't own any repositionable adhesive so I can't make a recommendation. I have never heard of one that would allow you to put the item back in your stash, but that doesn't mean there isn't one! I've never lookedSmile

If you can't find one, maybe you can get a piece of cloth that doesn't have a lot of lint and "store" the item on that until you are ready to use it again. You can just cut the cloth to fit the item. When you are ready to use it, you can just put on more adhesive. I don't know, just an idea. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Honored Contributor

Wish I could help, but I don't use repositionable on my cards either. All I do is lay out the card pretty much the way I think I want it. Leave it for a bit, and go back periodically to tweak the layout. I, too, want to be able to re-use the embellishments, so this is what works for me.

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I'll tell you what I've been doing---I've been taking pics of my layouts. Then I study them to see which one I like best. So far, so good.

Contributor

They have re-positional tape on a roll....I think it's made by Scotch. I bought it by mistake but decided to use it rather than run 22 miles to return it...lol...it works great and it was really cheap too. Leaves nothing behind..no residue or any damage to card-stock.

Hope this helps!

Luv

PA Lady
Valued Contributor

Hi CF, do you buy the Scotch tape version in craft stores or can you buy wherever they sell Scotch tape? Thanks!
Contributor

Hi mewsmomtoo!

I buy the craft store "Scotch double sided" repositionable.

You may be able to find it in other stores but not around where I live.
It's nice because I can reposition card fronts I've created as well as ermbellies so I can move them to the perfect spot. Holds till I fasten permanently. It's great for scrapbook pages. I move stuff around pages and mini-albums all the time, It's a handy item to keep in your supplies. You'll end up using it more than you think you would.

HTH,,,,,{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

PA Lady
Valued Contributor

Thank you!