Regular Contributor

I just got an email saying she'll be in London on Oct 13 with her papercrafting goodies, and on Oct 14 for (get this!) the debut of the Anna Griffin at Home collection with duvet covers, blankets and pillows!

Have you ever checked out Anna's products on the QVC UK website? Wow, the prices they pay over there are pretty high, and the shipping fees are really high! Example: the set of 8 holiday ink pads were $19.98 here, and over there they are $30.63 (converting 19 British pounds to US dollars). And they pay $6.37 US dollars for shipping!

They do have some different products, and different configurations of products we have here. They have a set of 12 Anna Griffin Christmas Washi Tapes for (gulp) US dollars $34.66!

It's fun to check out what our Anna Griffin UK friends are buying over there!

Regular Contributor

Check this out:

Anna Griffin Camilla 300TC Printed 3 Piece Duvet Set

QVC Price:

£57.00 - £78.00 (that's US dollars $91.89 to $125.75)

P&P: £6.95

Anna Griffin Camilla 300TC Printed 3 Piece Duvet Set

Camilla is my favorite AG pattern! Actually, the price isn't bad at all for a 3 piece set.

Valued Contributor

I am going to have to go over to the Q UK site and look at her home offerings. That should be interesting! Thanks for the heads up Kati!

When I was in Germany in 2008, I watched some of the Q over there and it too was expensive when converting to US dollars - must be OK if you are living and working there.

Occasional Contributor

I guess. I'm VERY glad I live here though. I had sticker shock when I was in Europe 20+ years ago, and that's when the exchange rate was favorable for us. It made me really appreciate being an American, that's for sure! It cost $6 for a generic, 6 oz bottle of shampoo, in 1991, when I was paying around $1 for 32 ounces!!!

Valued Contributor

I watched Anna do her crafting shows over there. Aside from a different name for the Angel Topper kit, it was all the same and all the same sell-outs. Made me want to buy everything since I held out when she was on HSN{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I couldn't watch her do the "AG At Home" shows live, but I did go back and look at the videos. The items weren't impressive when I was previewing them and all I could see was one still shot. They were much prettier actually on the bed, I like the Juliet duvet and the scalloped (sp?) coverlet and I really liked the reverse of the Camilla. The Amelie duvet set was on air, but there wasn't a video available for it.

Anna actually used the sales tactic of "hey, order me one of these" and "I want to take home two of these". It was kind of annoying, I've never heard her do that before!

Anyway, I guess the real news is that she will be bringing her At Home line to QVC USA in the Spring if I heard her correctly. I will look forward to that!

Regular Contributor

I couldn't watch the craft shows (WAY too early for me!) but I did see the "At Home" show. I did like the 3 pc Camilla 100% cotton reversible duvet set. I looked up the description on the UK website, and it talks about the duvet and the 'housewife' pillow cases!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Can't imagine what that means.

There was a Juliet quilted throw and a Juliet 3 pc duvet set. However, neither is 100% cotton which is what I like. There was a flannel sheet set (the pillowcases had tie closures), an upholstered headboad and ottoman, black or white Grace tote bags, etc.

The real killer for me was a faux flower arrangement with vase for (are you sitting down?) the US dollar equivalent of $167!!!

OMG! Not even for Anna Griffin would I pay $167 for this! I wonder if she'll bring it here and what the price would be??

She did reveal the fact she's a reality show junkie, and she loves Downton Abbey!

Valued Contributor

Oh yes, the flower arrangement! It was a completely ridiculous price no matter what the currency and they never explained what made it special. I would like to know how they justify that price. I'll be interested to see if that makes it way to QVC USASmile

Glad to see that Boostaboostawork didn't make it over to this forum and I hope he/she doesn't! I guess it is Fall Break for the schools...

Regular Contributor
On 10/18/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

Oh yes, the flower arrangement! It was a completely ridiculous price no matter what the currency and they never explained what made it special. I would like to know how they justify that price. I'll be interested to see if that makes it way to QVC USASmile

Glad to see that Boostaboostawork didn't make it over to this forum and I hope he/she doesn't! I guess it is Fall Break for the schools...

???? Sorry, don't know what this means {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Last night, a troll with that nic came on the boards and added a strange message to the bottom of almost every thread in every forum which of course wrecks the forums. Luckily, I think they perceived this forum as too small to bother with. I think QVC has been removing the posts or posters are working to bring the forums back to normal. This sort of thing seems to happen 3-5 times a year, usually coinciding with Fall, Spring and Summer breaks. It's very annoying to say the least.