Valued Contributor

Oct. 7 Purchases and Reviews - What Are You Excited About Getting?

Hi all, well, I only purchased one item and it wasn't even AG. I actually had no intention of purchasing anything because I bought Kirks Folly jewelry (they are going out of business and had an incredible sale)

I made it all through the day with no problem, then I just went over to the HSN site to check their community pages and had an alert that said there were still 6 sets of the Martha Stewart 10-piece Doily Loop Punch Set. I have waffled over this set for a while and they said it sold out when it was one of the "5 in 5" in the early morning MS show, but I guess not everyone completed their purchase because I was able to get one just now.

I am really excited to add this punch set to my small collection. I just recently bought some other MS punches and they are so good. I love using them for cards and I intend to create ribbon for my Christmas gifts using these punches. There are so many other decorative uses for them too. Guess the scrapbooking addiction goes on...{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

If you want to, tell us what you purchased, what you are excited about and what you think about the item once you have it in your hands. I know a lot of AG things were on extended delivery before the day even began so it may be a while before we get your reviews. Hope everyone had fun!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: Oct. 7 Purchases and Reviews - What Are You Excited About Getting?

I ordered the AG Christmas Card kit (which is in "packaging" status as I write this, despite the earlier indications of Extended Delivery showing yesterday). Also ordered her Christmas ink pad set, the bow die set, another AG card kit (garden), and the Xyron 3" set.

Of all I purchased, I think I'm most excited about the bow die set. I can use that all year long. And I do love her Christmas card sets.

Frequent Contributor

I swore I was going to buy nothing. I mean nothing. Well.... I ended up with 2 hot off the press kits and their card templates with dvd. I got 2 sets of Martha Stewart punches on clearance - gerber daisy and daisy, 3 birds quilling set, Anna's cricut cartridge and 2 sets of the embossibilites stickers. I wanted the Anna bow and Christmas ornament die cuts but I have such a hard time using her dies for some reason. I just can't get a clean cut. I went from nothing to all of that. I still have Anna Christmas card kits from before ( as well as others). I only make the cards I will hand deliver because they cost so much to mail. Learned that the hard way. I do like Martha Stewarts punches. They are always pretty, have intricate designs and are always easy to use. Wanted the Cricut but have 2 - one small one bigger. Figured I would save to and see the reviews on the Brother Scan and cut. That looks pretty interesting. But with all the cartridges I have probably not in my future. I do love my cricut. SO there you have it. Hopefully reviews will be posted when purchases arrive.

Honored Contributor

Hi Janet! Just wondering if you've tried waxed paper with difficult cutting dies? (You put the piece of waxed paper on top of the cutting die which is already face up). Just wondering. I know it's help me a lot with some intricate dies (though I don't have any AG intricate dies yet). Just a thought, in case you haven't tried it.

Valued Contributor

Hi Krimpette, You got some really nice things. I did want the Christmas card kit, but since I am doing a lot fewer cards this year, I'm sure I can cobble together some really nice cards without a new kit.{#emotions_dlg.sad} Her ink colors are great and you can't go wrong with Xyron! It's my go-to adhesive for cards{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} When I saw the bow die fully demonstrated, I felt like Rachel Zoe viewing a new piece of Chanel: "I,,,die..." Where can't you use a bow?! I would even put flocked paper bows on my Christmas tree. Just another thing to add to the list{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Janet, I certainly can sympathize with your desire to cut back on purchases and then making purchases anyway. I think one of the main reasons I was able to hold back, (except for the not-inexpensive MS punch set!) is because I actually bought quite a lot in September! I have one of those HOTP kits marked as a favorite and I did a little quilling in the past, but used a pencil{#emotions_dlg.laugh} - did you get the automatic winder? That's the way to goSmile I'm not familiar with the embossibilities stickers.

I didn't know Brother made a cutting machine until I saw the posts over here, will be interesting to see if they can get a foothold esp. with HSN so strongly pushing the Cricut. I finally decided that I am not going to get an electronic cutting machine even though I think they are amazing. You can create some beautiful things with them and they tempt me, but I think they are beyond my skill level. I admire those of you who use one.

Krimpette had a good idea with the wax paper. If that doesn't work, you can go the opposite direction and try to sharpen them by punching them through aluminum foil.

I hope you both enjoy your purchases!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

(edited by me to correct spelling)

Regular Contributor

I got the holiday card kit, Christmas tags, angel toppers, foil die cut borders and the Lace Trimmings embossing folders and dies, all Anna stuff. Then I got a Martha country doily embellishment kit at her 50% off sale.

I actually spent less than I thought I would! Go figure...I think all the easy pay offers has given me a false sense of security! haha

I'm most excited about using the card kit, angels, borders and tags all together to make some awesome holiday cards....plus the fact there's some Hannukah cards in there as well. My Jewish girlfriend will faint dead away when she gets a Hannukah card from me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I mailed a couple of Anna sympathy cards yesterday. They had a few embellishments but not over the top: cost to mail 91 cents each. Gulp...

Frequent Contributor

Mewsmomtoo and krimpette thanks for the info on the wax paper. I will give it a try. I have been very frustrated with the dies up to this point. I love all things Anna but had to refrain on the newest card kit. And the new ink. I have so many of her inks I had to put a stop to buying them. As for the brother scan and cut machine I won't be buying. It is a dream to have it but I have one of the older cricut machine that I love. I have so many cartridges that i don't need to use the computer to cut items. I will report back on my items when they arrive. I am excited over the Martha Stewart punches. They really are the best. Thanks for the advice on the wax paper.
Valued Contributor

Hi Kati - you are going to be able to make some spectacular cards! I wanted those angel toppers, they are beautiful!! I hope they will be available next year. I have AG's regular tag set and it is great. I saw the Christmas tags on the website and they are oh so nice.

I run out of words to describe AG's products because they are always beautiful and of high quality. I got on autoship for her dies and embossing folders and I always love them. She and Martha Stewart really tapped into a need out there - or at least a want: high quality, beautiful items for scrapping and card making. I used to just make do with what I collected on the trip or at an event - postcards, brochures, tickets, printed napkins etc. Now we have so many wonderful things to create with that we, or at least I, couldn't have imagined 20 years ago, especially paper.

I saw that MS Country Doily Embellishment set when they presented it - very nice and a good price! It's also one of my "favorites" over on the HSN site. I have 36 things marked as favorites and 32 of them are scrapbooking items.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Please keep sharing, everyone!Smile

Regular Contributor

Mewsmomtoo, I've only been into Anna (and a bit of Martha) for just a year or so. Now I'm obsessed {#emotions_dlg.tt1} with Anna's papers and folders and embellishments and card kits. My first purchases were her Halloween paper kit and Christmas card kit from last year.

Before that, I was big on Donna Dewberry and one stroke painting for many years.

I read your Anna product reviews and made a comment your other thread. I enjoy reading other's reviews on products I'm also interested in.

Frequent Contributor

Kati I too was big on Donna Dewberry and One Stroke painting.I actually got certified in the technique. still watch her occasionally on PBS station here in Mass. I have moved on to other forms of decorative painting but occasionally go back to the one stroke. I did find that one stroke did bring out my creative side which I am very grateful for. I have been using Anna Griffin products since before she was on QVC many many years ago. You used to be able to purchase her items at Michaels but no longer. At least not in my neck of the woods. I find her stuff so addictive =the clors - designs - florals - layouts - stickers etc. all of the highest quality. They really do add zing to your card making or scrapbooking. I do think that HSN has the best prices on her kits as well as most kits they sell. I just wanted to reach out to a fellow one stroker. Hope you enjoy your Anna products.