Regular Contributor

Anna Griffin Clear Stamps--Trim or no trim?

When Anna Griffin presented her Lovely Letterpress Stamp Set on HSN she advised trimming them so they could be placed more closely together on the acrylic mount when building phrases, etc.. So after I got them I started trimming away. (By the way, trimming stamps is not easy. It's hard to see where, exactly, to trim because the border blends so easily into the stamp itself. Maybe I need new glasses or something..{#emotions_dlg.huh})

Then, I read online where someone suggested not trimming your stamps, but to instead stamp one word at a time when building a phrase. She said that you get more accurate placement that way. (Versus building the phrase on the acrylic mount and then stamping the entire thing at once.)

So now that I've trimmed half of my AG stamp set I'm wondering if I've made a huge mistake?

Do you trim your clear AG stamps? And/or do you have any tips for trimming?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anna Griffin Clear Stamps--Trim or no trim?

Hi Norsky Gal, I saw you got some answers over at HSN's boards, but thought I would add my 2 cents here: I played around with these and I do not have the patience for them as it turns out. I would certainly not stamp one word at a time! That being said, I think you did right to trim them if you are going to keep and use them, otherwise the words end up a little more spaced apart than I would normally like.

Regular Contributor

Re: Anna Griffin Clear Stamps--Trim or no trim?

mewsmomtoo--Thanks for the reply. I don't know how these stamps are going to turn out. I haven't finished trimming them so I haven't tried them yet. I'll have to get out a craft knife and polish up the edges. When I ordered this set I thought it would be such a good thing to have but we'll see, I guess. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}