Regular Contributor

I combined my multiple Anna Griffin card kits. Dare I toss the boxes they came in?

I have multiple card kits, sentiment kits, embellishment & papers of Anna Griffin's that I've combined into a couple of her larger storage boxes to make it easier for me to build my cards. That means I'm left with the empty boxes all of these items came in that are taking up a lot of space. I don't need them for storage, but they are good, sturdy boxes. Dare I toss them? I could sure use the room & I already have lots of plastic totes, etc. (including some extra AG storage boxes) for storage. What would YOU do?

If it helps, I am one who always feels guilty tossing perfectly good things and I do have a full house already. I usually have to pushed into letting go of stuff, but once I do I find it freeing. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Contributor

Re: I combined my multiple Anna Griffin card kits. Dare I toss the boxes they came in?

I recently was overwhelmed by the good boxes I'd been keeping for several years, and I tossed them. My new mantra is use them in one year or out they go. If you can't use them to put birthday or Christmas gifts in this year, I'd seriously think about recycling them or giving them away. I know exactly how you feel!

Honored Contributor

Re: I combined my multiple Anna Griffin card kits. Dare I toss the boxes they came in?

I store scrapbooking supplies in them, can't toss great, sturdy boxes like her's. I still have Harry & David's Christmas boxes which I received one year, different sizes for various scrapbooking items.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies gals. Since I already have plenty of other storage boxes I'm going to either have to give them away (don't know who I'd give them to tho) or toss them. These boxes can't be recycled since our recycle center only takes corrugated boxes. I might have to bite the bullet and toss them. We'll see... I'll mull it over for a few days.

Respected Contributor

I have a hard time throwing sturdy, attractive boxes away, too. Maybe you could check with your local elementary school to see if they might have a use for them. You could wrap them like gifts to make a nice display under the Christmas tree or on the hearth.

Valued Contributor

Hi, did you toss the boxes? I used to have a problem with keeping boxes until I finally realized you can buy boxes everywhere nowadays; however, I would not throw away boxes like hers (unless I already had 3 or 4Smile)

They are very sturdy and you can cover them with shelf paper or decoupage them and used them when you scrapbooking or cardmaking to hold supplies or put them on the bathroom or kitchen counters to organize and contain things. I use them to hold my jewelry in a dresser drawer. I use the bottoms and tops separately and stack them.

Regular Contributor

On 9/21/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

Hi, did you toss the boxes?

Not yet, but I'm pretty sure I will. I posted my same question on HSN's customer forums and someone suggested I try to sell them on eBay. Well, I checked eBay and nobody is selling empty AG card boxes, so I'm pretty sure that one day soon they'll go into the garbage. I already have so many other decorative storage boxes that I don't need any more. I'm going to have to bite the bullet one of these days....! (Ugh..but I hate to throw away perfectly good, sturdy boxes. But I just have too much &@#$ around my house!)

Honored Contributor

Any chance you will be giving someone special a gift that can go inside one of those boxes? At least then you wouldn't have to face putting it in the trash! I agree- those boxes are beautiful. Do you have a Senior Center or nursing home that might have a use for them? Maybe a phone call would tell you whether or not they're interested.

Valued Contributor

On 9/23/2014 NorskyGal said:

Hi, did you toss the boxes?

Not yet, but I'm pretty sure I will. I posted my same question on HSN's customer forums and someone suggested I try to sell them on eBay. Well, I checked eBay and nobody is selling empty AG card boxes, so I'm pretty sure that one day soon they'll go into the garbage. I already have so many other decorative storage boxes that I don't need any more. I'm going to have to bite the bullet one of these days....! (Ugh..but I hate to throw away perfectly good, sturdy boxes. But I just have too much &@#$ around my house!)

Went on to ebay to see what kind of empty boxes sell and I think you could sell them, but would it be worth the trouble? Likely not, so the bullet will have to be bitten, I'm sorry to say. You wouldn't happen to have an orange Hermes box lying around the house, would you? That sold for $155.00!

Regular Contributor

Went on to ebay to see what kind of empty boxes sell and I think you could sell them, but would it be worth the trouble? Likely not, so the bullet will have to be bitten, I'm sorry to say. You wouldn't happen to have an orange Hermes box lying around the house, would you? That sold for $155.00!

Seriously? I'm afraid I'm too cheap to buy Hermes!