Occasional Contributor

HSN Customer Service...are you kidding?

I don't order much from HSN, largely Anna Griffin products a few times per year. I do order regularly from QVC and other online vendors and find their Customer Service far superior to HSN.

Knowing how quickly Anna Griffin sells out, I watched the HSN web site and placed my order for a card kit and botanical die cuts a day or two before she appeared on TV. The order showed up yesterday with a correct invoice and totally wrong products. Not even Anna Griffin products. Of course I called HSN, worked my way up to a supervisor and basically got a "that's too bad, but we're sold out". Please return them. What? If my invoice is correct, then there could be a set sitting in the warehouse, but will they check on that? Hmmm...no.

I wish I could say this was the first time they've screwed up an order, but its not. And, they have never resolved any shipping issued I've had or offered a customer "goodwill" bonus of any kind. If you have such problems, I encourage you to contact the vendor directly. Anna Griffin's company has great customer service. While they can't fill the order, HSN's behavior reflects poorly on Anna's company and they don't want that. Maybe with enough complaints they'll return to QVC US, as she still does QVC UK. Having said that she currently has a long term contract with HSN.

Have you had similar experiences and if yes, was it ever resolved to your satisfaction?

Thanks for your feedback.

mob

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Customer Service...are you kidding?

I just received my order for 8 items and got everything I asked for. I buy a lot of crafting items from HSN and I don't recall ever having them mess up my orders. In fact, I believe I only had one or two problems with defective (other than crafts) items, and in both cases, they didn't even want me to return the defective item. I've always had great luck with their customer service (as well as QVC's). Sorry you had such a bad experience.