Honored Contributor

I have to say this about today's craft day on HSN…..

MS is the most personable that I've ever seen her. She actually seems to be enjoying herself and the callers. Fun to watch her loosen up like that. (But I still wish she was on with Alex.)

Valued Contributor

Re: I have to say this about today's craft day on HSN…..

Yes, Martha is really good with the callers, she actually talks with them and seems interested in what they are doing. That is something that Anna Griffin has always struggled with - the hosts always have to handle the callers. Of course, Martha has years of experience of being on TV, having a show with live viewers and guests plus I would guess that Martha is very confident in herself.

Anna might be shy or it might just be that she has less experience doing that sort of thing, but I do feel like the phone calls on Anna's shows are a little painful to listen to sometimes.

Regular Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Krimpette said:

MS is the most personable that I've ever seen her. She actually seems to be enjoying herself and the callers. Fun to watch her loosen up like that. (But I still wish she was on with Alex.)

I agree, Krimpette! She sometimes comes across as aloof and (on occasion) condescending toward both the hosts and callers. Perhaps her "team" has talked with her to get her to "loosen up." I did see one segment with a caller where the caller was very complimentary about the MS products, but Martha didn't look up at the camera or reply. The next thing MS said was totally off topic, so that told me she wasn't listening to the caller -- at all. Sad. (I do like Martha, but not as much as I once did -- and it's because of the way she treats folks at HSN)....

Rebecca J.

Valued Contributor

I've seen times when she's very cold and aloof and you can tell she's not listening or she does not say a word after the caller raves on and on about her. Not hello, goodbye, nothing. Then there are times when she's warmer and friendlier like today. Do you ever know people who seem to have two different personalities and you are never sure which one is going to show up? I feel that way with MS. I am never sure which one we are going to get.

I also noticed today she seemed to know how her product worked for a change. I have seen far too many times in the past when Alex was on and he would show Martha how something worked as he showed it on air. It was clear as day that she had never paid a bit of attention to that product before. So it was nice to see today that she seemed to understand this one.

Frequent Contributor

As I was watching Martha yesterday, I was very impressed at how she talked with the hosts and callers. This was her best day at presenting and being there. She really liked talking about the pictures on the wall. Very well done, Martha!! (I was a big fan of Alex and do miss him.)

Regular Contributor

I only watched a little of the MS shows, but one host seemed pretty nervous being around her. (Don't know her name but it wasn't Callie.)