Occasional Contributor

Is the Cricut Explore worth the cost and the room it takes up?

I have the original Cricut. I don't use it as much as I should. Sometimes I need pieces larger than the 5" it can make. However, unless I'm a professional crafter, and need many of the same pieces in the same color to make sets of books or sets of invitations, for example, I wonder if this is worth it. I have Cricut cartridges I haven't opened that I am thinking of selling on Ebay.

Opinions, please?

Regular Contributor

Re: Is the Cricut Explore worth the cost and the room it takes up?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this, too, as I've been looking at the same machine.

Contributor

I have other Cricuts but I really like the Explore. I also have a Silhouette Cameo. The explore cuts better than the other Cricuts on intricate cuts. It also has more features and can cut on more materials than before. There are thousands of shapes you can purchase and a monthly membership for $9.99 if you are interested. A print n cut feature is being added very soon and there are instant projects that they walk you through step by step. Those are very easy. I think you would like it. HTH.

Not applicable

I really like my original Cricut. I make lots of cards for the elderly, birthdays, etc. I get loads of comments on how special it is to receive a "homemade" card. My Cricut has helped this hobby tremendously. I like to look at a scrapbook idea book, magazine, etc to get ideas. then i see what I see what my Cricut might help me with in a similar manner. I would love to have the Explore as well...but I plan to wait till this one bites the dust first.