Frequent Contributor

Arrival of scrapping - crafting supplies

My goodies have arrived! I will open the boxes when I get home and give a report on the items: 2 crystalizers, anna's chalk stamps, masculine ink pads, cricut cartridge and velum quotes and air gun. If anyone else got anything can you let us know your opinion. it is nice to get opinions from other crafters. Happy crafting.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Arrival of scrapping - crafting supplies

My opinion on my craft haul: The Anna chalk stamps are great. Crisp stamping and very pretty. Different than her regular stamps with the negative space having the color but still very much Anna. The vellum quotes are great and versatile and will look nice on a card or scrapbook page. The masculine inks are pretty. Deeper than her usual stamp colors and will coordinate well with her other inks. The two crystalizers work great. Great instructions as well. I was surprised how easy they were to use. If you like to add bling to your projects this will work great. The only issue I have is that you will need a crystallizer for every size crystal. The air gun. It will take a little practice to line up the tip of the marker to the air flow as each marker is different and I think that you need a fairly new marker to get a deep color. Will take a while to get the hang of it but I think it will serve it purpose. Once I learn to control the spray and what each brand of marker can produce the possibilities are endless. I did get the set of masculine stamps. I haven't tried them but love the designs. I have not used Anna's cricut cartridge yet. Will try to use it over the weekend. I also got a spellbinders set of folders and have not tried those yet. These are the newer ones that look 3 dimensional. Can't wait to try those. I am very happy with my purchases. Can't wait to hear why you think about yours. Happy crafting.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Janet M for your detailed review - it's good to know that Anna's items are up to her usual standards and esp. that the Crystylers work well. Reading about the air gun brought back memories of "Blow Pens", it was a device to which you attached a marker and then blew through it to get that effect. I used to have fun doing that with my nephews and I had forgotten about it until just now. Glad to hear that you think the air gun is going to work for your project! Smile

Honored Contributor

My shipment came yesterday. I got the new set of metallic papers. The colors are gorgeous, though I think I prefer the assortment in the first set. Just made a bunch of embossed die cuts for a friend. One of the other items I ordered was the Spellbinders Tool 'n One. If you die cut some intricate dies, this is an awesome tool! Makes it so much easier to get those little pieces out of the die, using the brush at the end, as well as the pick. Great addition to my Spellbinders collection! Also got her book and the vellum phrases. Both typically great AG products!!!!!

Regular Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Krimpette said:

One of the other items I ordered was the Spellbinders Tool 'n One. If you die cut some intricate dies, this is an awesome tool! Makes it so much easier to get those little pieces out of the die, using the brush at the end, as well as the pick.

I had never heard about this tool 'til now, so I watched a video on it. I'm ordering it today (along with the foam)! It'll be perfect for using with those Anna Griffin dies. Thanks for the tip, Krimpette!