Honored Contributor

Anybody watch the HSN shows yesterday (5/14)?

Anybody watch and buy? The TS looked interesting, but I really don't need it. I don't have a problem with the embossers/die cutters I already have, so fortunately I wasn't tempted. I did buy a couple of AG's items. I wish they had her on more than just the 2 one-hour stints. I sure do appreciate them having those shows, so I do try to support them.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody watch the HSN shows yesterday (5/14)?

I dvr'd some and watched some live. I liked that today's special even though I have a Big Shot already (among others), but my budget is tight and that did not fit right now. I'm not sure it was a good idea to have that TS so soon after Anna Griffin's Cuttlebug TS. A lot of people who didn't have a die cutting machine bought that one and most aren't going to turn right around and buy another one. I didn't end up buying a thing, although there was a lot on my wish list. If my budget would have allowed, I'd have taken one of everything in AG's show!

Contributor

I bought a couple things yesterday. I always love the craft shows.

Frequent Contributor

I like the shows there just is not enough of them. It would be nice if they actually gave vendors time to show you how to make something from start to finish. Anyway I bought that air gun, a few of Anna's things, the two crystal things, 12 x 12 clear and one other think that I have forgotten already. I don't know why I buy all this stuff. My craft room is taking over the basement.

Honored Contributor

I bought some AG items, a few 3 Birds. No more Martha punches for me as I have so many that I havn't even used yet.

Valued Contributor

I didn't buy anything as budget won't allow at the moment , though I really wanted the AG chalkboard stamps. I plan to get them when they come back in stock. The TS really made me mad because they pushed the CB so hard the last 18mos-2yrs and then they bring this on and tell us how it is so much easier and better and even sticks to the counter better (!) than the CB. What a great way to make your CB customers feel foolish for having bought a CB.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 mewsmomtoo said:

I didn't buy anything as budget won't allow at the moment , though I really wanted the AG chalkboard stamps. I plan to get them when they come back in stock. The TS really made me mad because they pushed the CB so hard the last 18mos-2yrs and then they bring this on and tell us how it is so much easier and better and even sticks to the counter better (!) than the CB. What a great way to make your CB customers feel foolish for having bought a CB.

I can only imagine how it must have made Anna Griffin feel!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I have to agree with you about the TS. If I had known the TS was on its way I would not have gotten the CB. I found it odd that they played the TS up so much with Anna on the show. I guess there will always be something better down the pike. I will stick with my CB and Spellbinders. They do just about everything the TS did except the letter press which I am not sure I would have used anyway. However I thought the dial on the side to change the width of the machine was a great idea. No more multiple plates. I also got the chalk stamps. They looked interesting. I got the 2 sizes of the crystal setter because I have such a hard time with crystal placement. Hope they work like they did on TV. I am hoping that air machine works. I have 35 tee shirts to make for our annual family day and after I saw Lisa's demonstration thought it might work for me. Hopefully it does or it is going back. As usual I bought to much but hopefully I will get to use it all one day......

Valued Contributor

Good luck with the 35(!) t-shirts - I hope the air machine works for you. Did you get tasked with that b/c you are the crafty one?{#emotions_dlg.laugh} If you have the chance, will you come back here and let us know about the air machine and the crystyler? I thought the crystyler looked interesting and would love a first hand account. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Mewsmomtoo I am very crafty (I have been called Martha Stewart on more than one occasion) however the shirts are a surprise for the family. I am making up individual gift bags for our Family Day and the shirts are a surprise. No one knows that they are getting a gift bag. It is our 5th annual family day and I wanted to represent it somehow. Wracking my brain for what else to put in the gift bag but I am sure it will all work out. I am hoping to make stencils using my cricut and freezer paper and then using the air machine to paint the stencil. I hope it works. If not it is going back. I was going to hand paint them but once I saw that machine I was like ""Let me try that"". The ladies shirts will all have some bling which is why I picked up the crystalizers. Thought they were a bit expensive but couldn't find them in my craft store so had to bite the bullet. If I do find them in the store these will be going back as well. I will let you know how each of these items work out. I have my fingers crossed they work. All my Anna purchases will be great as they usually are. I have so many card kits I haven't even used yet. I am on auto delivery for her cards and her folder / die cut special she had a while ago. I won't get into how many stamps of Anna's I have or Martha Stewart punches......