Valued Contributor

Anna Griffin Books-Worth The Price??

Has anyone bought her books before? Did you find them useful for general ideas or techniques as well as the projects shown in the books? Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Anna Griffin Books-Worth The Price??

I have several of her books going way back. I like them because I often refer back to the pictures when I'm crafting, but they generally lack detailed instructions. The newest book on embossing and die cutting has 104 pages, considerably more than her previous books. I purchased it but haven't received it yet.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Louisa May! I went ahead and purchased the book and I'm looking forward to getting it.

Contributor

I had to chime in again since I received the book: It is gorgeous! Beautiful enough to be a coffee table art book. The instructions are detailed, and the techniques versatile --good for other styles. The samples are photographed close-up so you can see every perfect detail. So much thought and effort went into this book. Definitely worth the price!

Valued Contributor

That's good news - thanks for the update!

Occasional Contributor

YES!! I HAD ONE YEARS AGO THAT WAS FANTASTIC!! It was interesting you asked because I was seriously heartbroken 2 weeks ago durng her "cuttlebug Todays's Special," when the book sold out as I was in the process of paing for it on line : ( QVC dioe snot take items out of our cart while we are paying?? NEVER! I was so upset. I was an avid scrapbooker since my early 20s despite medical school (I found the time...it was my relaxation hobby). I got better as time went on, & made a 5 volume wedding scrapbook colletion after my hubby & I were married in 2007. It came out beautfully, & looking back, I cannot belive I created sich a beautiful collection. I made many scrapbooks ^& enjoyed it thoroughly. I then lost my creativity and all skills due to pain meds. Aug 2007 a surgeon stole my life from me as I had known it 2 months prior to my wedding. I am in pain daily, & have a 5 lb internal pain pump w/ potent meds that feed my brain/spinal cord awful meds 24/7 which have caused tremendous side effects. A minor side effect (menaing not a medical one) was that I LOST MY ABILITY TO SCRAPBOOK.... FROM THE MEDS? My blood pressure is so low I can barely find energy to do anything , other than shop from QVC ; ) I can;t work, and I was not able to have children duie to the bothced up spine surgery Aug 2007, that I never needed which changed ev everything. I bought the Cuttlebug by ANNA GRIIFIN 2 wks ago as the Today SPecial thinking it would get me in to the swing of things. It did not, nor did the Cricuit, Martha Stewarts 50 different "stamps around the page" set. I buy but don't use due4 topain and loss of creativity from meds. I THOUGHT ANNA GRIFFINS LAST INSTRUCTIONAL BOOK (MARCH 2014) WOULD GIVE ME SOME IDEAS TO GET MY CREATIVE JUICES BACK!! I was so excited to purchase, but I was hopitalized the night the cuttlebug TS aired (for pian) and the next day I was home in the early evening. As i went to pay for ANNA'S MARCH RELEASE INSTRUCTIONAL BOOK FOR SCRAPBOOKING...IT WAS GONE??!! QVC.com would NEVER TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF THE CART WHILE in the MIDST BUYING LIKE HSN DOES?? I called HSN (no waitlist) & they said there is nothring I can do get the book : ( QVC would not have let me down if they sold it. ANYWAY, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET THE MARCH 2014 ANNA GRIFFIN $20 SOMETHING DOLLAR INSTRUCTIONAL BOOK FOR SCRAPBOOK/CARDS & OTHER IDEAS??? I WOULD LOVE IT BUT CAN'T FIND A WAY TO PURCHASE??? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT MAY BE SOLD??PLEASE?? ANY IDEAS PLEASE? YES, HER BOOK S DO HELP! THEY ARE EASY TO UNDERSTND AND GRESAT IDEAS!! : )

Contributor

Ginormous, For Anna's latest book, be patient. Because it was so popular, they will bring more in, as they usually do with Anna's items that sell out. I'm betting it will be back in a month or so. It is so beautiful and may help you get back into scrapbooking!

Valued Contributor

New Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}GinormousQvcAddict this book is back in stock at HSN, so if you want it, I would get it before it gets sold out during the craft day tomorrow 5/14/14!

Just go online under Anna Griffin & it should still be there. You can chance to wait until tomorrow in case you want to buy other things so you only have to pay s/h full price once, everything else would be half price! Just a thought!

Hope you find what you're looking for & other things too! Happy shopping!

Jackie

Trusted Contributor

You can find all the instructions for Anna Griffin techniques on youtube. She also has instructions on her website along with idea pictures and samples of cards, scrapbook pages, and other AG things.

Love Anna!