Respected Contributor

My Scrapbooking Magazines Canceled

First, my Scrapbook Etc. magazine was canceled. Not publishing anymore, out of business. Now, Creating Keepsakes is no longer being published, on line only. Bummer!

Valued Contributor

Re: My Scrapbooking Magazines Canceled

I am very sad at what I see happening with our hobby. It seems like there are just a few of us holding on tight. I picture myself being the last woman standing. I hope it makes a comeback someday. I will still be here. (I know, I need a life, right!)

New Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Just to let you know, all (3) of my magazine subscriptions got cancelled:

Scrapbooks, Etc., Creating Keepsake & Paper Crafts Magazine

I didn't want to pay for the digital ones, so they did reimburse me 1/2 of my cost since I had about half of the time left on each one. I just call the customer service number and they told me what my credits would be! May work for you too, depending on how long your subscription has left on it. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Subscribed to Creating Keepsakes years ago, but let my subscription run out because couldn't see spending that kind of money per page for all the embellishments that they suggested be used. When they showed a scrapbook page using zippers, I said "enough". It got so that it wasn't the photos that were the focal point, but all the extra stuff that you could put on the page.

I feel that when the economy took a hit 4-5 years ago, so did scrapbooking (and a lot of other things) because, frankly, it is not an inexpensive hobby. People didn't have the extra money to spend on scrapbooking when they needed it for food, housing, utilities, etc. Don't feel it will completely disappear, but not as strong as it was years ago. Still can find plenty of scrapbooking supplies in hobby and craft stores around me or internet sites. Also excellent free scrapbooking/papercrafting classes on the internet.

Honored Contributor

I think it was a fad, abandoned by all but the most loyal. Our little town had a scrapbooking store for awhile, it and a few others closed down years ago.