Esteemed Contributor

Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

Only fixed lamb a couple of times. I think yams; what do you think?

Super Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

I don't eat animal babies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Purchased a boneless leg of lamb for Easter. Which sides to you like with lamb.

Definitely quartered potatoes baked with lemon juice, oregano and lamb drippings. Add a green vegetable or salad and whatever else strikes your fancy.

Esteemed Contributor

Then I will have your share. Thank you for your input. To each his own!

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

Definitely quartered potatoes baked with lemon juice, oregano and lamb drippings. Add a green vegetable or salad and whatever else strikes your fancy.

Exactly what Goldie said and also asparagus spears and make my potatoes little red ones cooked in the drippings.

Trusted Contributor

Oven roasted small red potatoes (with butter and parsley / or the lemon and oregano), asparagus and a Greek style green salad.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Carmie said:
On 3/27/2015 Goldie76 said:

Exactly what Goldie said and also asparagus spears and make my potatoes little red ones cooked in the drippings.

Carmie and Goldie have it all right, IMO... I wouldn't have yams with lamb although I love them with ham.

There are very few foods that I don't like but lamb is one of the top on my list of likes. Enjoy !

Respected Contributor

Typical Greek Feast and so good.

Waving hello to all my Greek pals!

Oven roasted Greek lemon potatoes go excellent with Leg of Lamb either oven roasted, or on a split. If prepared as oven roasted Lamb, just ensure you are sure to have plenty of the gravy left to moisten all the food when it is served.

We also serve a Villager's Greek Salad with loads of Greek Feta Cheese, tomatoes, diced onions, cucumbers, Greek Kalamata Olives, and if you like them also add some anchovies.

Lastly for a vegetable it is either Asparagus Spears in a lemon butter sauce, or Sauteed Spinach with garlic.

BTW I posted my Greek Easter Menu on the Kitchen Talk forum and hope others will also post theirs.

Happy Easter everyone!

Trusted Contributor

I have a wonderful recipe for herbed, marinated lamb grilled outdoors. Absolutely fantastic, and grilled lamb (IMO) is the best lamb ever! I usually follow the Mediterranean theme with a big Greek salad with feta cheese, rice or rosemary potatoes, and a fresh spring veggie like asparagus or brussels sprouts, along with hot bread and a cool dessert. Delicious, and one of our family's favorite holiday meals of the year!

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for the lamb without a leg.