Valued Contributor

Creamy Cucumber Noodle Salad

Creamy Cucumber Zoodle Salad
recipe source: handulofraspberries.com

Ok, I'm currently on a mission to use my spiralizer as much as possible. I have to say, it's been fun. This salad was really good. It makes one serving. I wanted a bit more...lol

1 large cucumber
1/4 teaspoons sea salt
1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours and drained
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Run cucumber through a spiralizer. Place in a colander, toss with salt, and let drain for 20 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water as needed. Toss dressing with cucumber noodles (depending on the size of your cucumber you may not need all the dressing).

Super Contributor

WOW! sounds great.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

This seems like it would get watery. Does it?

Valued Contributor

Hi Racalamb2.. You are very welcome!

Hi DiAnne.... The directions say: Place in a colander, toss with salt, and let drain for 20 minutes. I did this and it came out great. :-)

Stay warm ladies,

Honored Contributor

Yum Lola! Thanks!

If it ever stops blizzarding around here...and gets above -3 REAL temp....getting one of these gadgets at BB&B is top on my list!

Valued Contributor

LOL RL! I know what you mean. It's FAHreezing!!

Trusted Contributor

This sounds very good, but I'd imagine it has to be mixed up just before serving, or the cukes would get flabby and the salad watery.

My mom used to make a quick summer salad by seasoning chilled, peeled garden cucumber slices and raw Vidalia onion rings with salt and pepper and mixing them with sour cream. Simply delicious!

Honored Contributor

Do you throw out the seeds at some point? The seeds are what causes ""repeating"" in some people.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks delicious. I think I would enjoy that over cottage cheese. Now, bring on summer and fresh cukes! It is snowing here and very cold. If the power doesn't go out I will be thankful.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Love your idea Sweetbay magnolia! Can't wait to try this. Thanks LoLa!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.