Not applicable
During today's show, Laura, the LA lady made something using 1 egg white, hot water and I think Jello. Did anyone catch the recipe?
Not applicable

Jello Frosting- works for any flavor

3 oz pkg of Jello ( favorite flavor)

2/3 cup granulated sugar

1 egg white

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup boiling water

Place first 4 ingredients in a large GLASS OR METAL mixing bowl (OF A STAND MIXER)

Turn the mixer to high just as you add the 1/2 cup of boiling water.

Whip on high for 5 minutes

I found this on Laura's Pinterest Board.

Honored Contributor
Wow that is a lot of sugar! Frosting recipe I really like: fold 1 pkg sugar free or regular instant pudding mix into 1 container of Cool whip. Spread on top of cake or use as filling.
Honored Contributor
I saw a person on utube use I cup of whipping cream whipped well and add two teaspoons any flavor jello then frost the cake.I have not tried this but it seems like it wouldn't be too sweet.
Super Contributor

My mother made this a lot when I was a child. Her recipe was simple:

1 pkg. jello, any flavor but she used strawberry

1 carton of heavy cream, whipped

1 thawed carton of sweetened frozen strawberries, drained

make the jello using the fast recipe, chill until partly set but still fluid. whip jello with the mixer. Fold in whipped cream, add drained strawberries. Chill until set.

I'm sure you could do other fruit/jello combos and also use sugar free jello and fruit.

Respected Contributor
On 2/15/2015 lovesrecess said: Wow that is a lot of sugar! Frosting recipe I really like: fold 1 pkg sugar free or regular instant pudding mix into 1 container of Cool whip. Spread on top of cake or use as filling.

I'm not an icing person, but I agree that is way too much sugar. I would start at a quarter cup and add to taste.

Honored Contributor

this was the recipe used by Laura yesterday during the presentations. I copied it from another poster. I tried this tonight and it was quite good.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In a metal bowl of a stand mixer put a 3oz pkg of any flavor jello, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 egg white..........turn mixer to high and immediately add 1/2 cup boiling water. Let mixer run until desired consistency (about 7 minutes). ........no plastic bowls and hand mixer doesn't have enough power.