Respected Contributor

on Daniel Green's program on evine Manuela of Isomers cooked up her lemon pasta with lemons / cream/ grappa and parsley and pasta, of course. wonder if anyone has a good recipe. and also the name of a good grappa.

Valued Contributor

She used a clear Grappa. I'd have to look for the segment Manuela was in to see the bottle. I'm guessing Grappa Giovane. Ask on Facebook for her recipe. Or send an e-mail to Isomers.

Respected Contributor

2cockers1 cat thanks for a grappa name.

New Contributor

Both recipes, hers and Deb Murray's should be posted on Deb Murray's and Daniel Green's facebook pages soon. I already asked someone close to Deb Murray on FB and that's what they told me.

Respected Contributor
On 2/15/2015 Customer041208 said:

Both recipes, hers and Deb Murray's should be posted on Deb Murray's and Daniel Green's facebook pages soon. I already asked someone close to Deb Murray on FB and that's what they told me.

great. will check back.

Valued Contributor

Here it is: Courtesy, Lori Smith

IsomersLemon Pasta
Ingredients
· 1 lb spaghetti or your favorite pasta (fettucine, linguine – egg pasta) · 2 lemons · 1 cup panna (heavy cream) · 3 tablespoons butter · 1/2 cup grappa · 1/2 cup parmigiano cheese
· Salt and pepper to taste

How to prepare: ·Make zest from two lemons (by finely grating the peel) and set aside.
· Juice lemons, with pulp.
· In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the grappa (or wine) with the butter and lemon juice and 1/2 of the zest.
· When reduced and thickened a bit, add the cream, and a bit of salt and pepper, then cook until further reduced (3-5) minutes on low heat.
· Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al dente, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
· Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the lemon cream sauce, adding a little of the reserved cooking water only if it seems too dry. When mixed together, place the spaghetti in a warm serving bowl and toss in the parmigiano.
· Serve with a sprinkle of the remaining zest for garnish over each bowl.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this delicious sounding pasta dish!

I had never heard of grappa...I must be a bad Italian! LOL

I googled it and it was described as a ""brandy distilled from fermented residue of grapes....""

Do you think a white wine would work as well? Dry or sweet? Or is grappa so unique a flavor you wouldn't want to substitute?

TIA!!

Respected Contributor

thanks to 2 cockers, Lori Smith. for Respectful Life, i do think that grappa is key - and a good grappa is called for according to Daniel Green's comments. that is why i was hoping to get the name of a good quality grappa since i have had no experience with it.

Respected Contributor
On Foodnetwork.com, there's a lemon pasta recipe by Giada that's fantastic.
Honored Contributor

I have to ask now... why was someone from a skincare line making pasta on evine? What was she selling?