Occasional Contributor

does anyone have the recpie for apples in the microwave cooker on the show tonight

i was watching in the kitchen w.david and that microwave cooker came on and she was making apples in it . does anyone have that recipe

Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone have the recpie for apples in the microwave cooker on the show tonight

I could not find the recipe for the apples. The Rangemate site has a recipe for pork chops with apples that you might be able to adjust for the apples. http://www.rangemateusa.com/glazed-pork-chops.php

I also found this recipe making the apples in the microwave in a bag. Looks good & easy.

Apples in a Bag
Author: Paula Rhodes
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Ingredients
  • 1 small apple (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith are my favorite)
  • 1 packet of sweetener (Splenda is my favorite), or a spoonful of sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • Small handful of raisins, optional
Instructions
  1. Peel or don't peel apple, core and slice or dice. Place in freezer-quality plastic zippered bag along with remaining ingredients. Seal bag and shake well to mix ingredients.
  2. Reopen bag just a touch to vent. Microwave on High for 2 minutes-- longer if you use a big apple.
  3. Carefully (it will be HOT and steamy) open bag and pour over plain or cinnamon-sugar pita chips, flour tortilla chips, oatmeal or ice cream.
Notes
(Nutritionals based on no raisins, unpeeled apples and artificial sweetener)
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 1 Calories: 59 Fat: .2 g Carbohydrates: 16.7 g Sugar
Apples
Honored Contributor

Re: does anyone have the recpie for apples in the microwave cooker on the show tonight

I make this often without raisins for a night time snack. It is very good, and low calorie.