Valued Contributor
Winter Slaw! Cabbage, Endive, Apples, Parsley, Walnut and Quinoa in a lemony-tahini sauce. Packed with protein and fiber, this is a healthy side dish or main course {recipe}

Winter Slaw
(recipe source: delishknowledge.com)

This is such a yummy slaw. The dressing is what really sets this apart! I just made it yesterday and I'm enjoying some leftovers today. It's Cabbage, Endive, Apples, Parsley, Walnut and Quinoa in a lemony-tahini sauce. Packed with protein and fiber. Enjoy!

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded
3 Belgian endive, finely sliced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 large apple, thinly sliced (your favorite one)
3 tbsp. Tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 large lemon, juiced
2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. olive oil

Place the quinoa and water into a small pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 minutes until done. Fluff with a fork and set aside.

Finely shred the cabbage, endive and apple. I used a mandolin for this, but a food processor fitted with a slicing blade or a sharp knife will also work. Place shredded cabbage, endive, chopped parsley, toasted walnuts and apples in a large bowl. Whisk together or blend the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Toss slaw with dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Trusted Contributor

This looks really good. Thank you for posting.

Valued Contributor

This is right up my alley! All my favorite ingredients. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it.

Valued Contributor

You're all very welcome. Thank YOU. Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

This sounds different -- and delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Valued Contributor

Hi GoodStuff. It is very tasty indeed. You are most welcome!

Honored Contributor

I recently ran across a recipe on allrecipes.com. If I correctly recall, the name is 'Candy Apple Salad'. Nothing to do with 'candied' apples, but, of course, it does contain apples. Also, pineapple. Great recipe. Wait! I'm going to check it out right now. I'll be back soon........Yes, it's there! I'm thinking we can tweak this recipe and use to prepare a cold slaw.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. O/P: Thanks for this fabulous recipe! I'll try it very soon!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).