Trusted Contributor

Found a easy, light appetizer made with black olives

I think adding herbed cream cheese to center would be good & using turkey pepperoni

From Food.com

http://www.food.com/recipe/black-olive-appetizers-248587

Black Olive Appetizers. Photo by Kathy at Food.com

Contributor

Re: Found a easy, light appetizer made with black olives

cute looking, don't think id like the taste with out some kind of cream cheese inside

Super Contributor

These look good..I agree without cream cheese they would taste flat.

Valued Contributor

I like these. Love olives!!

Honored Contributor

I didn't click on the link, but, yes, using a pastry bag (or whatever they are called) and squeeze cream cheese into the center would be excellent! Very cute idea, O/P!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Here's a NOT LIGHT olive appetizer I had at a party last week. They were very good and looked festive. My friend who made them said all you do is buy Queen (large) pimento stuffed green olives. Then you let cream cheese sit out and get really soft. Then take each olive and surround it with cream cheese....a bit of a messy job. Then you roll the olive in very fine chopped pecans. My friend said she put the pecans in a food processor and pulsed them to get them that way. Lastly, you slice each olive in half. Lay them out on a platter and with the green, red and white, they have the colors of Christmas. They don't look as nice as those above, but they were very tasty. My friend didn't mention this, but I would think after rolling in the pecans, you would need to stick them in the fridge to firm up a bit before slicing. I am going to make them this week, so I will see how it goes. Hubby and I love olives....no doubt our sodium levels will be off the charts. Ha!

AnnMarie-1, I think your idea of adding some flavored cream cheese would make these really good. And you really wouldn't even need to add that much. Alouette's brand of spreadable cream cheese has several nice flavors. I use the Spinach and Artichoke one often. Thank you for posting this recipe!

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Trusted Contributor

These are adorable! I'm going to try it with two different flavors of Laughing Cow cheese wedges.