Super Contributor

Please help ! where is Chris Prime's ( Lock N Lock ) recipe , for the holiday nut mix ?

I bought the TSV back in October , of the 6 bowls with matching gift bags . I remember Chris saying , she left a recipe to bake some mixed nuts , and place in the bowls for gift giving. I've searched the hosts & vendors blogs etc. And can't find it listed anywhere . I can't even find her name listed , and I've tried spelling it with a K ( Kris ) along with Chris . Has anyone seen her recipe ? Thank you for any help . I've got to get this done this weekend . I may just have to look for something online or in a recipe book .
Super Contributor

Re: Please help ! where is Chris Prime's ( Lock N Lock ) recipe , for the holiday nut mix ?

Super Contributor

Re: Please help ! where is Chris Prime's ( Lock N Lock ) recipe , for the holiday nut mix ?

judgejudith , Thank you so much for the link . You just solved my holiday baking dilemma ! I think I will put some of the baked nut mix, in a ziplock bag & add another bag of small-sized sliced Christmas cookies .....like Pillsbury's cookie dough, that you just slice & bake . I'll place a bag of each in every Lock N Lock bowl /gift bag. Not up to doing everything from scratch this year , so this is a great solution. Thanks again & Happy Holidays Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

blueskies...glad I was able to help. Merry Christmas to you also.

Super Contributor

blueskies...glad I was able to help. Merry Christmas to you also.

Super Contributor

Hi , thought I'd add this update . Baking ingredients are expensive & I don't like buying ingredients for an untried recipe, that doesn't turn out well for me . I made the recipe & gave several L n L gift bags out , with cookies added too . The recipe process was easy, but just don't leave it in the oven for longer than recipe says ......or it will taste burnt . Everyone said the baked holiday mixed nuts were delicious . It took 4 large cans ( 15 ounce cans ) of Planters mixed nuts , to be able to make enough for the 6 gift bags . I bought the regular salted nuts ( label said sea salt ) ; since the ingredients you add are all sweet , the combination of salty & sweet is good . Two cans filled one large cookie sheet . I placed about a dozen cookies in each Lock N Lock bowl & added a ziplock bag of about 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts . It made a nice gift .
Respected Contributor

Glancing at the recipe, I would be inclined to reduce the cloves to 1/4 tsp., as cloves generally tend to overpower other spices in recipes. Blueskies, did you feel that the original amount of 1/2 tsp. cloves was a bit too much or just right? Thank you!
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

Topaz Gem , I don't remember feeling like the cloves were too much . Tho, I do remember being a little surprised, by the amounts of each spice called for . I think that it may be, that there is a large quantity of mixed nuts being baked with those spice amounts , so clove's overwhelming factor is lost . You could always try baking them with the lesser amount of 1/4 tsp. and see what they're like . I don't think the missing 1/4 tsp. would negatively affect it ......it might taste even better ! I'm going to try doing that , the next time I have an occasion to bake them . Thanks for the input . Happy New Year !