Contributor

Egg Nog Bread Pudding Loaves

Egg Nog Bread Pudding Loaves

A perfect treat for holiday get-togethers.

Source: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2244

/></p> <p><strong><br/></strong></p> <p><strong>Ingredients</strong></p> <p>9 <a rel=Rhodes Anytime! Cinnamon Rolls, baked following instructions on package

2 cups eggnog

3 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Instructions

1. Cut cooled cinnamon rolls into 1-inch cubes and set aside.

2. In a large bowl combine eggnog, eggs, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg and mix until well combined.

3. Add the cubed cinnamon rolls and toss until well coated.

4. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes to allow saturation.

5. Pour the mix evenly into two sprayed 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans.

6. Bake at 350­°F 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.

7. Remove from pan to cool. Serve with cream cheese icing included with cinnamon rolls, if desired.

Respected Contributor

Re: Egg Nog Bread Pudding Loaves

WOW sounds fabulous. Have you made them? The cinnamon rolls did not dry out from the two bakings did they?

Trusted Contributor

What would be an alternative to the Rhodes Anytime Cinnamon Rolls. I would love to try this. Thanks for taking time to post.

Contributor

Wonderfulworld, I have made them, its so delicious and rich especially if you sneak in a little more eggnog like me. They do not dry out because of the eggnog mixed in with it.

Pie1993, I've never tried using Pillsbury but you could use Pillsbury Dough, or you could use dough made from scratch

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Pie1993 said:

What would be an alternative to the Rhodes Anytime Cinnamon Rolls. I would love to try this. Thanks for taking time to post.

I wonder if you could just get some already made cinnamon rolls from your supermarket's bakery? You might have to scrape some frosting off, though.

Super Contributor

On 12/19/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I wonder if you could just get some already made cinnamon rolls from your supermarket's bakery? You might have to scrape some frosting off, though.

These look yummy! I would think any pre-made rolls would work, even cinn. bread that you could thick slice and cube. Thanks for sharing! (How about cinn/raisin bread!)

Honored Contributor

On 12/19/2014 bigkat said:
On 12/19/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

These look yummy! I would think any pre-made rolls would work, even cinn. bread that you could thick slice and cube. Thanks for sharing! (How about cinn/raisin bread!)

Yes to the cinnamon bread! While I was out picking up a few groceries this afternoon, it dawned on me that I made a bread pudding/baked French toast recipe that called for cinnamon bread so I picked up a couple of loaves to save me a little time.

Esteemed Contributor

Can I use the Doughboy's and just not put icing on? if so, 1 can or 2?

Trusted Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Jane Adams said:

Wonderfulworld, I have made them, its so delicious and rich especially if you sneak in a little more eggnog like me. They do not dry out because of the eggnog mixed in with it.

Pie1993, I've never tried using Pillsbury but you could use Pillsbury Dough, or you could use dough made from scratch

Thanks Smile

Honored Contributor