Super Contributor

I saw the discussion on the Kitchen and Food Talk forum about Trisha Yearwood's recipe, and went looking for it. Sounds like my kind of candy recipe:

Trisha Yearwood’s Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy
2 lb salted dry-roasted peanuts
4 oz German's sweet chocolate, about 4 squares
12-oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips, about 2 cups
2 1/2 lb white almond bark

Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.

After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners. Yield: 30 to 40 pieces

Recipe adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2010

Super Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy

I have not tried this, but it sure looked good and easy! Thanks for posting the recipe Beebee.

Honored Contributor

Just throw it in the microwave for three or four minutes and you're done. Why go through all that rigmarole?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This is similar to a recipe Jill Bauer posted years ago. I love making it. You do not use a slow cooker. Jill's recipe is probably still online. It does not call for the white almond bark. I think it was called ""Cashew Clusters."" Very good and easy.

Trusted Contributor

I made this last week and it is SO good.I scooped into tiny cupcake liners.
Honored Contributor

Do you think it would work the same by dropping by spoonful onto wax paper instead of trying to dip it into those little paper liners. When I make them I do it in the microwave & just drop onto wax paper.

Valued Contributor

This is a very simple & easy recipe to make a lot of candy! I made it last weekend and it is great!! just dump everything in the slow cooker walk away and after 3 hours, stir it up and dip it out! It looked like the almond bark wasn't melted until I stirred it with a wooden spoon...so nice! I used cupcake liners but yes, the candy was thick enough to just put on a waxed piece of paper. This makes a huge amount which is good since I am taking it to 2 different parties this weekend!

Super Contributor

I'm really pleased with the feedback and the ideas. I like to make up plates of differing goodies to share with friends and neighbors, but as the years go on, I'm looking for simpler, less time consuming ways to do this. So few people (it seems to me) do the homemade thing any more that it seems even more important to make the effort. Thanks, all.

Super Contributor

It's funny, my mom just made these! She got the recipe from her sister, who got it from someone who got it from...

Absolutely yummy, by the way!

Super Contributor

I am not sure she can claim ownership to this recipe. I've seen it many times on the internet.