Valued Contributor

No bake Fruitcake made with Pecans and Graham Crackers.

No bake Fruitcake.

1 box graham crackers

1 stick butter

1 cup pecans

1/2 cup raisins

½ cup dates

1/2 cranberries

1/2 cup shredded coconut, firmly packed

1 jar maraschino cherries (10 oz)

1 tablespoons cherry juice

1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Instructions

Melt butter and marshmallows together.

Finely crush graham crackers and coarsely chop nuts and drained cherries.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

Pack in greased pan. Let refrigerate 48 hours.

Honored Contributor

Re: No bake Fruitcake made with Pecans and Graham Crackers.

My mother made this every year. Its great for people who don't like fruitcake as it has no candied fruit in it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

This is a very interesting recipe! Thanks for posting it! I was raised on Icebox fruitcake, family never cared for the "baked' ones. My recipe calls for the candid cherries(red & green), can use other fruits but I only use the cherries along with pecans, melted marshmellow, coconut,graham crackers etc. I think I will try yours this weekend! thanks again!

edited: just looked at my recipe(has been years since I made it) and it uses crushed vanilla wafers instead of the graham crackers!

going to the store today & get the M cherries & raisins and will make this recipe in the afternoon!

Super Contributor

This sounds really good AND easy to make for a no-baker like myself. Do you think I could use marshmallow fluff instead of melting the butter with marshmallows?

Valued Contributor

It never last very long around here even though I eat a small portion due to its richness. BTW it works well with any nuts, candied fruit, your favorite vanilla extract, or rum{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Valued Contributor

On 12/8/2014 puglet1 said:

This sounds really good AND easy to make for a no-baker like myself. Do you think I could use marshmallow fluff instead of melting the butter with marshmallows? {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I don’t know why not, but I’m thinking you still need to melt it with the butter.

Respected Contributor

I much prefer ice box fruitcake over the baked stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 woodyend said:
On 12/8/2014 puglet1 said:

This sounds really good AND easy to make for a no-baker like myself. Do you think I could use marshmallow fluff instead of melting the butter with marshmallows? {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I don’t know why not, but I’m thinking you still need to melt it with the butter.

Thanks, woodyend. I know this is kind of blasphemous on a Kitchen & Food Forum, {#emotions_dlg.laugh} but I'm really not a big fan of butter or the taste of it. Maybe I could just melt down the marshmallow fluff, maybe in a double boiler, which I don't even have, but could rig, lol.

Trusted Contributor

you have written down.......1/2 cranberries...........what is the amount? is it 1/2 cup?

are they the fresh whole cranberries???? do I cook them 1st.....please answer...I would like to make this for Christmas Eve...

thanks..

Trusted Contributor

On 12/8/2014 gkelly5744 said:

This is a very interesting recipe! Thanks for posting it! I was raised on Icebox fruitcake, family never cared for the "baked' ones. My recipe calls for the candid cherries(red & green), can use other fruits but I only use the cherries along with pecans, melted marshmellow, coconut,graham crackers etc. I think I will try yours this weekend! thanks again!

edited: just looked at my recipe(has been years since I made it) and it uses crushed vanilla wafers instead of the graham crackers!

going to the store today & get the M cherries & raisins and will make this recipe in the afternoon!

This is what I am used to, but this does sound like one to try for my dad.......ThanksCool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......