Trusted Contributor

I'm looking for an easy recipe for buffalo wings, nothing too spicy. Anyone have a good one?

I'd like to make buffalo wings for a family function. Do you have a good recipe? We're not a very spicy family, so something mild would be better. Smile I don't even like wings, but some in my family LOVE them.

P.S. I like a sweet chili type of sauce, if someone has a recipe for wings involving sweet chili I'd love to have it.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm looking for an easy recipe for buffalo wings, nothing too spicy. Anyone have a good one?

I don't like buffalo wings. I want roasted or honey bbq. I found this recipe online & tried it. I love the wings made this way they are crisp & don't have to fry them. You can control the spiciness by how much of the seasoning you put on the wings.

Maybe someone else has a Sweet Chili Sauce recipe you could use instead of the blue cheese dressing.

Slow Roasted Chicken Wings

Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes

I Cooked Ours 3 1/2 hrs.

Ingredients:

3 pounds chicken wings
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin

Blue Cheese Dressing

Blue cheese, for dipping
Hot sauce, for serving

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 250°. In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin.

2) Lay out wings on a few baking sheets with wire racks so they are suspended over the baking sheets. Sprinkle both sides with spice rub.

3) Bake wings for around 4 hours. Check the wings around 3 1/2 hours to make sure they aren't overcooking.

4) Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing and hot sauce if you want. They are great with nothing on them also though.

Rotate the wings on oven racks every hour or so as they bake just to make sure they are cooking evenly.

I turned the wings over one time when we cooked them.

The baking time will vary based on the size of your wings so if you have smaller ones you might want to check on them around three hours. For normal sized wings, I would try one out at 3 1/2 hours just to see how things are going.

You can serve these with blue cheese and a splash of hot sauce, but it’s also perfectly fine to just serve them naked.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm looking for an easy recipe for buffalo wings, nothing too spicy. Anyone have a good one?

I generally buy a 3-5lb bag of frozen wings and cook according to the instructions.

They're better smoked out on the grill but I don't always do that, depends on my time. All I do is mix hot sauce, BBQ sauce, and honey together, heating it up on the stove. Sweet Baby Rays has a spicy sweet that I have used alone, not nearly as hot.

When they're done baking I pull them out and dredge them in the sauce I've mixed and put them back on the rack for another 10 minutes. Lighthouse Blue Cheese for dip.

This was for a party so I didn't put back on the grill for the sauce to crust over.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Contributor

Thanks both recipes look good
Respected Contributor

Buy them at Costco or your grocery store. There are some good ones out there. I bought some that were cilantro/lime wings that were really tasty.
Trusted Contributor

Very interesting recipe Nightowlz, I may have to try that soon, thanks.
Valued Contributor

I've been wanting to make these but haven't gotten the cooking racks to use in the oven yet.

Respected Contributor

On 12/9/2014 CindyinNC said:

I've been wanting to make these but haven't gotten the cooking racks to use in the oven yet.

While much easier you can do it without a rack. I also line my cookie sheet with foil.

Add a cup of sugar to Nightowlz mix and it would make a great rub for ribs or roast.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 debc said:
On 12/9/2014 CindyinNC said:

While much easier you can do it without a rack. I also line my cookie sheet with foil.

Add a cup of sugar to Nightowlz mix and it would make a great rub for ribs or roast.

I also cover the pans with foil for e-z cleanup but as you can see from the pic I forgot to cover my pans with foil. The cooling rack to cook them just keeps them out of any grease drippings & allows the air to circulate & get them crisp. I like fried wings but don't want to make them that way. The above recipe solved that for me. Love the wings cooked in the oven like that.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the recipes, they look great!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*