Contributor
I have a package of California blend vegetables and need to turn it into a side dish like casserole. Any good recipes ? I need it to take to a thanksgiving dinner!
Esteemed Contributor

You can microwave it with some herbs and seasonings.

Were you looking for something more spectacular? I use that blend in a hot dish.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I would make some Uncle Bens Wild Rice, add the microwaved vegetables to it, and sprinkle some grated (not bottled) parmesian cheese on it! If time permitts, I would add spring onions and their greens to the vegies before ithey cook! If reheating wait to add the cheese!

Super Contributor
There is a recipe on this thread, a few entries down, Found my Thanksgiving side dish, that you might be able to use those veggies in.
Trusted Contributor
This is an extremely easy dish to prepare but equally as tasty:………………………………………………………… California Blend Swiss Vegetable Bake………………………………………………………………………………………………… 16 oz package of California Blend vegetables........................... 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup 1 can Durkee' French Fried onions, divided…………………………………………………… 1/3 cup sour cream 1/4 tsp pepper ………………………………………………………………………………4 oz grated Swiss cheese, divided ……………………………… Steam or microwave the veggies until just slightly tender. Then combine veggies with the soup, one-half of the Swiss cheese and one-half of the French Fried onions and place in lightly buttered baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheese and onions; return to the oven for 5 additional minutes
Trusted Contributor
On 11/25/2014 ambermoon said: There is a recipe on this thread, a few entries down, Found my Thanksgiving side dish, that you might be able to use those veggies in.
Here's the recipe: Found my Thanksgiving side dish Started 11/22/2014 at 9:04 AM in Recipe Swap | Last reply 11/22/2014 at 12:18 PM by CindyinNC digo 435 Posts Joined 4/26/2007 New Reply 3 replies This was on the can of Carnation evaporated fat free milk. Heartland Veggie Bake 3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes 2 Tbsp. water 1 package 16 oz frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley 3 Tbsp. butter divided 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour 1 can Carnation evaporated fat free milk 2 chicken bouillon cubes 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs Preheat oven to 350 Microwave potatoes and water covered in a medium micro safe casserole dish on high 9 min drain. Return to dish top with frozen veggies. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in small sauce pan over medium heat stir in flour, cook stirring constantly for 30 seconds, gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper cook till bullion is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over veggies. Microwave remaining butter in small safe dish 10 to 20 seconds till melted add breadcrumbs stir till combined, sprinkled over the veggies cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes till top is golden brown.