Not applicable
Looking for stuffed mushroom appetizers recipes for thanksgiving . Need help .
Regular Contributor
I use a very easy stuffing for mushrooms. Combine 4 oz. Cream cheese, 4 TBL butter, 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, and a dash or two of garlic powder. Mix well. Stuff mushrooms and broil until golden brown. That's it! Always quick to go disappear, and I never make enough......the sign of a good recipe to me. Cece
Honored Contributor

I stuff them with either hot or sweet sausage and bake for 25 min - always popular and all get eaten. When they come out of the oven I put a toothpick in them and serve hot.

Honored Contributor

Do you use the ordinary white button shrooms?

Trusted Contributor

My SIL's recipe is something like 1lb sweet or hot sausage, 8oz Cream cheese, and I think 8oz Mozzarella. Cook/crumble the sausage, melt the cheeses in, add salt and pepper as needed. You can also add garlic. Stuff the mushrooms and bake until browned on top. Never any leftovers!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Yes, we use the large white button-type mushrooms. Pull the stems out and you can cook them in the mixture or use them in another dish like sauce/quiche/pizza/etc.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I remove the stems, chop the stems, and cook 1 lb of sausage (I prefer hot, but have used Italian sausage), add stems to browned sausage and cook briefly, then remove from the heat, and add a heaping helping of shredded cheese, stir until well blended/melted....either Mexican Mix, Italian Mix, or just sharp cheddar, and sprinkle in some freeze dried chives, and then stuff mixture in the hole of the mushroom, and then take a teaspoon and round the stuffing on, and either bake in the oven, or can be cooked in the microwave, eat and enjoy......Old Southern Living recipe from back in the '80's..Never a miss....Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

One of the best stuffed mushroom recipes comes from the Pioneer Woman. I guess it's on her website, pork sausage, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and a few other ingredients. I will post it for you if you would like. I would get it from her site and post it here, but I don't know how to do that. Anyway, they don't last long at our house when company is here. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 11/25/2014 nanny24 said:

One of the best stuffed mushroom recipes comes from the Pioneer Woman. I guess it's on her website, pork sausage, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and a few other ingredients. I will post it for you if you would like. I would get it from her site and post it here, but I don't know how to do that. Anyway, they don't last long at our house when company is here. Smiley Happy

I am happy to post it for you nanny. It sounds wonderful !

Her website shows colored photos of the step by step preparation.

Stuffed Mushrooms, Baby!

24 ounces, weight White Button Mushrooms

1/3 pound Hot Pork Sausage

1/2 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced

4 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced

1/3 cup Dry White Wine

8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese

1 whole Egg Yolk

3/4 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated

Salt And Pepper, to taste

Wipe off or wash mushrooms in cold water. Pop out stems, reserving both parts.

Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside.

Brown and crumble sausage. Set aside on a plate to cool.

Add onions and garlic to the same skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium low heat.

Pour in wine to deglaze pan, allow liquid to evaporate.

Add in chopped mushroom stems, stir to cook for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set mixture aside on a plate to cool.

In a bowl, combine cream cheese and egg yolk. Stir together with Parmesan cheese.

Add cooled sausage and cooled mushroom stems. Stir mixture together and refrigerate for a short time to firm up.

Smear mixture into the cavity of each mushroom, creating a sizable mound over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Allow to cool at least ten minutes before serving; the stuffed mushrooms taste better when not piping hot.

Respected Contributor

sorry double post