Super Contributor

This is an incredibly easy recipe that's great for parties or gift giving!

Ingredients:

12 ounces 70 percent dark chocolate, chopped or quality chocolate of choice

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

2 Tablespoons butter - unsalted

Pinch salt

1 cup shelled pistachios or your favorite

Optional: chopped tart dried cherries, cranberries or other of choice

Directions:

Melt the chopped chocolate, condensed milk and salt on slow, low heat. Add butter to melt

Put the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, big & little pieces make an interesting texture

Add the nuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well

Pour this mixture into a 9-inch square foil tray, smoothing the top.

Let the fudge cool and then refrigerate until set. You can then make serving size by cutting into small pieces approx. 3/4" by 1 3/4". Divide 8 by 8 lines to yield 64 pieces.

Once cut you can store in the freezer, no need to thaw just eat chilled

Note: I use the disposable foil trays with the paper lids. Can also double recipe in same pan for extra thick fudge pieces. So decadent - I can only eat 2!

Author unknown ?

Super Contributor

Special note: Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate = 60% = my favorite & the pistachio with cherry is a X-mas tradition in our house . . .

Super Contributor

I will try this, thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Thanks I've copied it!

Esteemed Contributor

I got this recipe from my mom many, many years ago and have made it ever since. I microwave the ingredients instead of using a double boiler. It's the best fudge ever and isn't sugary like so many recipes can be. I use walnuts.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor
On 11/25/2014 qualitygal said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Thanks I've copied it!

Sorry Gal, I did not get your other post until just a few minutes ago. I only post during down times at my office. Had two tiny pieces of fudge last night about 9:30. Waited as long as I could and it was so hard not to get more!!! Thursday is coming. The hard part is pulling the huge amount out of the freezer and cutting up in bite size pieces for the family. I will not be able to resist crumbs, licking my fingers at the end and of course the messy knife I will use. Oh boy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor
I have made this many times myself:it's the best! BUT the first time I made it, I botched it up! I had always melted chocolate in a double boiler, and I thought the microwave method would certainly be easier and less messy. From what I remember, you only had to microwave the chocolate 30 seconds. At the end, I could still see unmelted chips, and I thought I needed to microwave them longer: that was my mistake. If I simply would have stirred them instead of microwaving them longer, I would have been just fine. Poodlepet
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for posting this, it sounds yummy. I am definitely going to try it. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
On 11/25/2014 SusieLong said:

http://www.littlethings.com/she-made-this-in-the-microwave-in-5-minutes-i-cant-stop-drooling/---Just saw this video to make fudge in the microwave. HTH, Susie

http://www.littlethings.com/?s=fudge

Microwave tip given in this video is to allow the (carry over) heat of the bowl to continue to melt the chocolate while gently stirring.

Thanks SusieLong for your original post. Many will indeed enjoy this shortcut!

Would love to hear some feedback from those who will be trying this recipe for the first time - and if you have other recipes for easy fudge to share.