Honored Contributor

7 Up/ Ginger Ale Biscuits...Delicious!!

[ Edited ]

I know you guys have probably already tried these but if you haven't ... please do. They are as light as clouds. If you're wondering if they turn out sweet...trust me, they don't.

2 cups Bisquick or Jiffy Mix

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup 7 up or gingerale (I used gingerale)

1/4 cup melted butter

Cut sour cream into the baking mix, add gingerale or 7 up. Stir to incorporate. Makes a very soft dough. Sprinkle additional baking mix onto board or table to knead. Pat dough done to about a half inch thick. Melt the butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits into pan and bake at 450 degrees until done/golden brown.

Note: I didn't leave all of that melted butter in the bottom of the pan before putting the biscuits in. I poured it into a cup and used it to brush onto the tops of the biscuits when almost done.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

Re: 7 Up/ Ginger Ale Biscuits...Delicious!!

Is this the correct amount of Bisquick? It sounds like it would be good but the amount of Bisquick to wet ingredients sounds off.

Valued Contributor

I have another recipe for this and it calls for 2C Bisquick, the rest remains the same.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Super Contributor

On 11/24/2014 cookie5 said:

I have another recipe for this and it calls for 2C Bisquick, the rest remains the same.

Same here. 2 cups, and it is very sticky with 2 cups(use a lot extra for kneading too), don't think it would make a dough with 1 cup. Yes, they are very good and easy! Always a great recipe to pass around.

Honored Contributor

I saw this same recipe by Miss Kay on Duck Dynasty but she coats them butter in a cast iron skillet then transfers to a cookie sheet. I thought that was too much trouble. Glad to see that step skipped. Need to try I heard they are really good.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Sounds easy and yummy. Just like me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, my! Oops a thousand times. It is 2 cups. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I've corrected the original post.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Wow...this sounds so easy that even I could make biscuits.
Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 birkin baby said: Wow...this sounds so easy that even I could make biscuits.

Yes, they are easy. If the dough is too sticky, just incorporate some of the Bisquick that you should have on your board all around the ball of ball as you knead. I'm going to make more this weekend to go with some cranberry relish I'm gonna make for Thanksgiving.

Valued Contributor

Wow this sounds like it would be fantastic.