Valued Contributor

What is your Favorite Cookie and recipe

I am going to a cookie exchange and have to make 13 dozen cookies. I need some ideas, I usually make ice cream kolocky cookies and need some ideas. I would appreciate your recipes, nothing complicated, making 13 dozen. Kiss

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your Favorite Cookie and recipe

Toll house chocolate chip
Trusted Contributor

I went to one of those parties once and one of the gals made bar cookies. Saved herself a lot of work.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies (foodnetwork.com)

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.

With an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg, mixing well. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Spoon the flour mixture gradually into the creamed sugar mixture. Stir in the cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Drop by heaping spoonfuls, about 2 tablespoons, onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time until lightly golden on top and the edges are set, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the sheet about 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

Recipe courtesy Trisha Yearwood

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/white-chocolate-cranberry-cookies-recipe.html?oc=...

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite recipe is for peanut butter cookies. You can bake most dropped cookies into a 13 by 9 rectangular pan. My favorite recipes come from an old Fannie Farmer cookbook. You can look online for recipes.
Honored Contributor

This is one of my favorite cookies. If you like lemon, you'll love these cookies too. They go well with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

RECIPE: LEMON MACE DROP COOKIES

Ingredients:

½ cup margarine (softened)

1 cup white sugar

1 teas. baking powder

¼ teas. baking soda

½ teas. ground mace

½ cup sour cream

1 large egg

1 teas. lemon peel

2 cups all purpose flour

Lemon Glaze:

¼ cup white sugar

2 tbsp. lemon juice

mace (sprinkle on top)

Directions:

In large mixing bowl beat margarine with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder and soda and mace, beating until combined. Beat in sour cream, egg and lemon peel at low speed until thoroughly combined. Beat in as much of flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with wooden spoon.

Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 oven 8 to 9 minutes. (Oven temp may vary.) Transfer to wire racks.

While warm brush with lemon glaze (combining sugar with lemon juice). Sprinkle lightly with mace. Cool completely before storing.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Occasional Contributor

These cookies are super easy and delicious!! I highly recommend using parchment paper because the brickle will stick to the cookie sheet.

BUTTER PECAN TOFFEE COOKIES

1 box Butter Pecan Cake Mix (Betty Crocker makes it)
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 cup chopped pecans
1 bag Heath brickle bits (not the kind with chocolate)

Preheat the oven to 350*. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a Silpat nonstick liner.

In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and oil with a hand mixer. Stir in the pecans and toffee bits. Scoop generous tablespoons of the dough onto your cookie sheets, spacing two inches apart.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms have browned lightly and the tops are just starting to toast up.

Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes a little over 2 dozen

Respected Contributor

These are pretty and delicious, a special occasion cookie.

Cream Wafers:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cream-wafers/a12c2f63-6bbd-402d-b67b-d99ae3d86aba

Frequent Contributor

Peachesncream-I totally forgot about cream wafers-they were my favorite Christmas cookie

growing up. I am going to make them this year for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Frosted Maple Nut White Chip Cookies

3 c. flour

2 eggs

2 t. baking soda

1-12 oz. package

2 c. packed brown sugar

white chocolate chips

1 c. shortening

1/2 c. chopped walnuts

1/2 c. margarine, softened

Maple frosting

1 t. maple flavoring

About 60 walnut halves

1 t. vanilla extract

Combine flour and baking soda in bowl. Beat brown sugar, shortening, margarine, maple flavoring, vanilla, and eggs in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for two minutes before removing from cookie sheet and let cool completely. Spread with maple frosting and top each cookie with a walnut.

Maple Frosting

Combine 4 cups powdered sugar, 4-6 tablespoons milk, 1/4 cup softened margarine and 1 teaspoon maple flavoring in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.