Respected Contributor

Nestle Toll House "DelightFulls" filled chocolate chips

There was a thread recently where these delicious chips were discussed but I can't find it. I was in the store last night and finally remembered to look for them. There were 3 (out of the 4 available) in stock, but the peanut butter ones didn't sound good to me. I bought the cherry and the caramel.

Has anyone baked with these yet? I tasted the cherry ones right out of the bag and they were very good. There is a recipe on the sack for cookies and I'll probably end up trying that.

NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® DelightFulls™ Cherry Flavored Filled Morsels

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nestle Toll House ""DelightFulls"" filled chocolate chips

I had not seen these before. They look delicious! Just what I need -- more sweets! LOL

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Cherry doesn't appeal to me or my family, but I've seen the other flavors (at least the caramel and pb) in the store. I didn't buy them because they were roughly $4 a bag out here and I knew I'd end up eating them and not using them to bake with lol

Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 californiamomofthree said:

Cherry doesn't appeal to me or my family, but I've seen the other flavors (at least the caramel and pb) in the store. I didn't buy them because they were roughly $4 a bag out here and I knew I'd end up eating them and not using them to bake with lol

That's what I'm afraid of too! They were delicious!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} The only flavor not in the store was mint. I bet that would taste great in a cookie.

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness I haven't seen them yet. I know when I do, I'll have to pick up a bag of each flavor. They sound wonderful, but I wonder how they'll taste after baking. They may be better just as a snack food. Wink

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I saw them at Wal-Mart on Veteran's Day while stocking up for the holiday cooking and was able to be strong and keep walking. It was so hard!! I will cave at some point. My problem is I know I will just sprinkle them over my ice cream and be hooked.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I did buy and make cookies with the caramel choc chips, they were delicious, but very flat cookies. Delicious. I think I will try out the pb choc chips also.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 beckyb1012 said:

I saw them at Wal-Mart on Veteran's Day while stocking up for the holiday cooking and was able to be strong and keep walking. It was so hard!! I will cave at some point. My problem is I know I will just sprinkle them over my ice cream and be hooked.

Oh no. I wish you hadn't said that.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I love chocolate covered cherries, so the thought of that taste in a cookie sounded delicious. Just wondered if anyone had tried them out in a cookie. I'll try and let you know how they turn out.

Respected Contributor

I wish I could find these: they must sell out quickly. I would love to type the cherry variety for something different....you could put them in chocolate cookies or brownies for a ""Black Forest"" taste...I can absolutely imagine them as a topping for ice cream....it's probably a good thing I have not been able to find them!! Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Poodlepet said: I wish I could find these: they must sell out quickly. I would love to type the cherry variety for something different....you could put them in chocolate cookies or brownies for a "Black Forest" taste...I can absolutely imagine them as a topping for ice cream....it's probably a good thing I have not been able to find them!! Poodlepet

Good idea, Poodlepet. I almost didn't see them because they weren't in as long a package as the normal chocolate chips. I thought they were pecans at first because of the way they were packaged. If you look for them, just know they're in a "short" package.