Esteemed Contributor

How Can I Dress Up Canned Cranberry Jelly?

Some of my family loves it right out of the can but I would like to add something fast and easy to it this year. I had a recipe I printed out last year but I cannot find it, nothing googled sounds easy enough for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Can I Dress Up Canned Cranberry Jelly?

Cranberry-Pineapple Minis

What You Need

1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple, in juice, undrained

2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin

1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce

2/3 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

1 DOLE Apple, chopped

Make It

DRAIN pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 2-1/2 cups; pour into small saucepan. Bring to boil. Add to dry gelatin mixes in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.

STIR in pineapple, cranberry sauce, nuts and apples. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.

REFRIGERATE 2-1/2 hours or until firm. Remove desserts from liners before serving.

Honored Contributor

If people LIKE it right out of the can, why wouldn't you want to serve what people like?

Super Contributor

It's so easy to make your own, why serve it out of the can if you are going to take the time to doctor it up?
Respected Contributor

my first response was tie a hula skirt to the can

Frequent Contributor

I actually LOVE canned jellied cranberry sauce. Please don't add anything to it! Just open both ends with a can opener - shake it until it falls out on a saucer - and then slice it and then fan it out on a plate that has been dressed up with a few lettuce leaves. That's all you need to do!
Respected Contributor

We always serve canned jelly cranberry sauce for the "kids" ... they love it, but it has to be just slipped out of the can and set in a serving bowl. I also make cranberry sauce following the recipe on the bag, but adding orange pieces and walnuts!

Trusted Contributor

Make it fresh, it is a million times better and so easy. Use the recipe on the back of the bag but use orange zest and fresh squeezed orange juice instead of the water. Takes about a minute to prepare! They'll be very impressed Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

There is an old saying, poor grammar, but true, "if if ain't broke, don't fix it."

Frequent Contributor

We use the can with the whole cranberries (not the smooth); add drained mandarin oranges and chopped walnuts. It's always a hit. It has crunch and the mandarin oranges compliment the sweetness of the cranberries.