Frequent Contributor

Post Ideas for Leftover Pumpkin

Sometimes I may have 1/4 C to 1/2 C leftover canned pumpkin. Here is a recipe that uses 1/4 C. You can substitute ladyfingers with slightly crushed biscoff cookies, gingerbread, pumpkin bread, etc. Source: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/mini-pumpkin-tiramisu/

Mini Pumpkin Tiramisu Mini Pumpkin Tiramisu

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

For the Lady Finger Layer

3 ounce package of lady fingers
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules; dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water

For the Pumpkin Sour Cream Layer

8 ounces of cream cheese; room temperature
1/4 cup Breakstone’s Sour Cream
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

For the Whipped Topping Layer

1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar

Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Breakstone’s sour cream, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Set aside.

2. To make the whipped topping, beat the heavy whipping cream, vanilla and sugar until the mixture creates stiff peaks.

3. Lightly brush the lady fingers with the espresso until dampened on both sides (do not over saturate).

4. Using your mini parfait glass as a template, cut out 12 circles from the lady fingers.

5. Gently place a lady finger circle into the bottom of each mini parfait glass.

6. Generously spoon or pipe the pumpkin layer over the lady fingers

7. Spoon or pipe the whipped topping directly onto the pumpkin layer.

8. Repeat layering a second time to fill the parfait glasses.

Notes: If desired, finish with a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.

Respected Contributor

Re: Post Ideas for Leftover Pumpkin

stir it into oatmeal,add brown sugar,maple syrup,( I use sugar free syrup or splenda),pumpkin pie spice,and it's awesome!!! Add it to instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding ... top with whipped topping. Can layer this over crushed cinnamon Graham crackers too for a parfait.
Honored Contributor

I give the dog a spoonful of pumpkin, mixed with a little warm water in his dry food, every morning for breakfast. It's really good for him.

So, if I plan a recipe that uses less than a can of pumpkin I just add the extra to the Lock & Lock I keep in the refrigerator of his pumpkin. He loves pumpkin as much as his mommy! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 11/19/2014 chickenbutt said:

I give the dog a spoonful of pumpkin, mixed with a little warm water in his dry food, every morning for breakfast. It's really good for him.

So, if I plan a recipe that uses less than a can of pumpkin I just add the extra to the Lock & Lock I keep in the refrigerator of his pumpkin. He loves pumpkin as much as his mommy! Smiley Happy

How is puppy doodles Golden, if not mistaken, as I remember you guys having a rough start of it all...........Kiss

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

Smoothie! Pumpkin pancakes! Pumpkin soup! Freeze then in cubes for later!

Esteemed Contributor

People actually have leftover pumpkin? My dh said he told the people in his office that pumpkin for me is like meth for addicts. I guess it's true. We always buy two pies ~ one for me and one for everyone else. LOL. I used to make my pies, but Costco's are good and cost less than making my own.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

Mix pumpkin with greek yogurt. Lots of good ideas here, thanks!

Valued Contributor

In cottage cheese with a little pumpkin pie spice and sweetener. Also, pancakes, and muffins, of course. So many good recipes out there now for both of these. I recently made a pumpkin cupcake recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and they were great. Not overly sweet, with a cream cheese icing that perfectly balanced the whole thing.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

In cottage cheese with a little pumpkin pie spice and sweetener. Also, pancakes, and muffins, of course. So many good recipes out there now for both of these. I recently made a pumpkin cupcake recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and they were great. Not overly sweet, with a cream cheese icing that perfectly balanced the whole thing.Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Milkshake! Because you probably won't get enough calories at Thanksgiving dinner