Frequent Contributor

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new Duncan Hines limited edition cake mixes. They are called Autumn Velvets and Holiday Velvets.The cakes are a two layers.The Autumn one is brown and orange and the Holiday one is green and red.Going to do the Autumn for Thanksgiving. I got mine at the Dollar General store in my town. I have looked at other stores but haven't seen them.

Respected Contributor

Dollar Stores & no one else has these? Hum, might U wonder Y? As in out dated, made in China etc.

Contributor

I got the red and green one!

I would love to hear any ideas people have for making Christmas cakes with the mix. At the moment, I'm just planning to make one red layer and one green layer. Ice it with white buttercream frosting and sprinkle red and green sugar on top. But with all the creative people out there I'm open to more interesting ideas!

Smile

Respected Contributor
On 11/16/2014 Skylands said:

Dollar Stores & no one else has these? Hum, might U wonder Y? As in out dated, made in China etc.

I agree.

Contributor

I got mine at my regular supermarket.

Btw, if something is made in China it will say so on the box, along with the expiration date.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry I posted this.China come on.

Respected Contributor
On 11/16/2014 berta 53 said:

Sorry I posted this.China come on.

Yes, Dollar stores do carry questionable products. Denial is not a great life style. Just saying...............................

Respected Contributor

These sound fun. DH mixes make pretty good cakes.

Respected Contributor

I think I saw them in Walmart. Not a cake eating family.

Super Contributor
Haven't noticed them, but I just googled it, and looks like they had spring and summer velvet mixes out earlier. I have to say, it is not the type of cake that looks appetizing to me.