Trusted Contributor

These pecan things are FOOL PROOF - another reason I love them so much. Here is the recipe for them if you care to try them. I can honestly say, without a doubt, these are the most perfect little things you'll ever fix..if you like pecans and graham crackers. It's a recipe from mother in law from way years past...most likely the BEST ONE ever shared.

GRAHAM CRACKER PECAN CHEWS

box of honey graham crackers

1/2 cup sugar

1 and 1/2 sticks of margarine (I used Parkay)

1 and 1/4 cups of chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break the graham crackers into sections as noted on the crackers. Arrange them on a cookie sheet. Melt the margarine in a saucepan and then add the sugar and pecans and cook until frothy and bubbly, about 4 or 5 minutes. Drop the pecan mixture onto the graham crackers using a teaspoon Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove the crackers from the pan immediately to a piece of wax paper or cooling rack and allow to cool. You won't believe how good these are. ENJOY !!

Honored Contributor

Re: Graham cracker pecan chews

Sounds easy and yummy. Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Sarah................these sound interesting and certainly very easy!

Contributor

This recipe sounds delicious. Can the margarine be replaced with butter?
Esteemed Contributor

thank you, these sound delicious & so easy. I am going to make them for sure.

Respected Contributor

I like the fact that these are so easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.

Trusted Contributor

to Catlove125: I am not sure if they would be as good with butter because the only way I've ever fixed them is with Parkay - so I'm sorry, I can't advise you on that.

So glad I shared this recipe with QVC friends. Word of caution: The pecan mix will be hot and sticky when you spoon it onto the crackers...use 2 spoons and be careful !

Frequent Contributor

This sound so easy and yummy. Just one question. When you break the graham crackers into sections is it in the four parts or two? I'm thinking four because the two would be a huge piece. Sorry for the dumb question but it's early and I haven't had any coffee yet!! Ha! Thanks Diane

Trusted Contributor

to DianeFL : Not a dumb question at all -even after coffee. It really doesn't matter how big of a piece of graham cracker you put on the pan. I've broken them into small individual pieces in times past but yesterday, I just had 2 little pieces together and put the pecan mixture on them both at the same time. After they had cooled, I gently broke them apart. Anyway you do it will not change the taste...but the smaller pieces look prettier to me on a dish....and they last longer too ! Enjoy your coffee this morning !

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds great. I make something similar with saltines.