Valued Contributor

Request for recipe using 1 cup ricotta cheese

It's left over from some sausage pies I made. I need to use it before it goes bad. Are there any egg dishes I could make with it?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Request for recipe using 1 cup ricotta cheese

I would make a marinara sauce for baked rigatoni or such, and mix the ricotta with herbs, parmesan and garlic and fold into the cooked pasta and sauce, then bake in the oven until heated through and brown on top.

Valued Contributor

On 11/13/2014 mousiegirl said:

I would make a marinara sauce for baked rigatoni or such, and mix the ricotta with herbs, parmesan and garlic and fold into the cooked pasta and sauce, then bake in the oven until heated through and brown on top.

Great, I could do this as I also have left over sauce plus the other ingredients I always keep in the house. Thank you so much for this idea/

Honored Contributor

I often make pasta with tomato sauce (medium shells work best) and my hubby mixes it into his dish. I'd rather have mine without the cheese, so he just mixes it in at dinner time.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Ricotta pancakes for a special weekend breakfast! A number of good recipes can be found on the internet for these wonderful pancakes. My favorite is lemon ricotta pancakes with a simple blueberry sauce of cooked blueberries sweetened with sugar.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Trusted Contributor

I make a mousse-like pudding with ricotta. Whip together 1 cup of ricotta cheese, few drops of liquid stevia, vanilla, and almond extract. (I use a small food processor). Add some toasted almonds and a few mini choc chips. Makes one serving. A South Beach recipe.

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 gonnab said:

I make a mousse-like pudding with ricotta. Whip together 1 cup of ricotta cheese, few drops of liquid stevia, vanilla, and almond extract. (I use a small food processor). Add some toasted almonds and a few mini choc chips. Makes one serving. A South Beach recipe.

Wow, thanks...what a great idea! I have some ricotta left in the frig. right now from when I made Lasagna Soup.

I don't have liquid stevia, but I am sure I can come up w/ something. Maybe just a little bit of Ultra Fine sugar.