Trusted Contributor

Cheesy Bacon Fingers

10 slices whole wheat bread cut into thirds

1 cup grated Cheddar

8-10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled

3-4 Tablespoons mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon onion, finely minced

1/2 tsp celery salt

Mix together the cheese, crumbled bacon. mayonnaise, onion and salt. Spread on bread slices & bake at 325* for 10 minutes or til nicely toasted and cheese is melted.

Super Contributor

This sounds like a yummy mix to put on any kind of bread! I would love it on French slices and maybe with a little garlic added too! Thanks for wonderful ideas LilBit!!

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a David dream come true

Honored Contributor

Sounds yummy, a good appetizer. Thanks for sharing, another one I will be trying out soon.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Oh my do these sound wonderful! I am making some ASAP!! Thanks LBM!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

Wonder if I could fix this on top of Party Rye Bread as appetizers (?). Sounds good. Thanks, LBM.

Trusted Contributor

bigkat...Hi dear lady. you are most welcome!

vcamp4728..LOL so true so true..

snickster..Hi dear. Let me know how it turn out..ok?

cookie5...Hi sweetie. Good to see you sweet lady! Let me know if and when you do ok? Have a rest of this Sunday!

walker..hi there! Now thats in interesting idea. Hadn't thought to try it. If you do try it please let me know the outcome.

Honored Contributor

I give your fingers two thumbs up.

Trusted Contributor

Awwww Brewhaa.....

Sounds like a version of Cheesy Bread - basic recipe is 2 parts grated cheese to one part Mayo (ex. - 2 cups cheese, 1 cup Mayo) and slice some green onion tops into the mixture, then place under a broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned....we have used this spread on baguette slices, leftover hamburger/hot dog buns, as a flatbread topping and even on a Ritz cracker - make sure you spread the mix to the edges of a cracker before browing, as the edges can burn before the cheese melts.....also works in a toaster oven.....any kind of cheese works, it's a good way to use up those bits of cheese we all collect in the fridge....great quick appetizer, you can top them with a slice of pepperoni, hot dog, olives, almost anything works!