Not applicable

Hello,

Does anyone have the recipe for the turkey gravy made in the Vitamix please?

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

Re: turkey gravy in the Vitamix

I don't have a "recipe" but if you use your standard ingredients, stock or bird drippings, flour salt, if needed and whir it will work great! Fat, flour, liquid makes gravy, Sonnie

Not applicable

Hi,

I'd like the recipe as well since I don't make gravy from scratch. The host said the recipe is on qvc.com and vitamix.com and I could not find a recipe. Could you please post a recipe QVC? Thanks.

Not applicable

Just heard today there is a Vitamix Turkey recipe and was also looking for this. Said the recipe is on QVC and very interested in it. Was on tonight and I missed his presentation but saw the gravy and would love to have how he made it in the vitamix.

Not applicable

I would like the turey recipe as well ...

or advise me where to go for it ..thanks

Super Contributor

Not sure there was actually a gravy recipe. On the afternoon presentation I saw he showed how to take your turkey gravy and put it in the vitamix so you could have smooth gravy. He didn't say anything about what went in the gravy. If anyone can actually find one, I would like it too. Just not sure there was one. Like others, gravy is the single most difficult part of Thanksgiving for me!

Respected Contributor

On 10/27/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

Not sure there was actually a gravy recipe. On the afternoon presentation I saw he showed how to take your turkey gravy and put it in the vitamix so you could have smooth gravy. He didn't say anything about what went in the gravy. If anyone can actually find one, I would like it too. Just not sure there was one. Like others, gravy is the single most difficult part of Thanksgiving for me!

This is exactly what I would have written.

I have a Vitamix, but use my immersion blender to make it smooth while the gravy is in the pan.

Esteemed Contributor

What recipe? Take turkey out of pain to rest.........drain off excess grease......start scraping the pan with wooden spoon and add tablespoon of flour/or corn starch to loosen and thicken the burned on pieces of turkey and turkey liquid and stuck on pieces..............

then add cup of cold water - stir stir stir more and more adding more flour/cs and water with the pan still on burner and burner temperature set on medium -----hot enough to keep the water at a low bubble/simmering...........kept at it until you have enough GRAVY to feed your crowd.

If you still have flour/cs LUMPS that don't breakdown & melt into the gravy - then pour gravy in Vitamix and let the machine smooth out the lumps.

Recipe - turkey drippings - water - flour and/or corn starch. That's the recipe! However, if I don't have enough gravy - I cheat by adding store bought turkey can gravy to my homemade so everybody gets enough gravy.

Gobble Gobble

Esteemed Contributor

To the above: season to taste - salt - pepper - I add dash of garlic powder (your choice)

For some meat gravy - a few drops of Gravy Master (from the store) gives gravy more color and/or flavor.

Honored Contributor

I think Jan Muller said he had posted his turkey gravy recipe.