Honored Contributor

Any recipes out there?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

You can substitute Stevia in the Raw for sugar (it is much sweeter, we figure 1 cup of sugar equals 4 Tbs or a 1/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw. If it's syrup or molasses, you have to do a taste test but start out with much much less. I add a Tbs of blackstrap molasses to give color and that traditional flavor. My friends and I use a lot of the Stevia in the Raw in pies, etc as it add decent sweetness but no calories. (We use it in apple pie in particular.)

Honored Contributor
I'm going to try one with coconut milk and Stevia/Truvia before Thanksgiving. I ike a lot of cinnamon in my pumpkin ""pie"" so I don't expect the coconut flavor to be a problem. I also plan to try egg whites instead of whole eggs so I can have a slice or two of dark turkey meat. YUM! (I hope!)
Honored Contributor

I just use sugar substitute, and non-fat dry milk/cup of water

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I just use Splenda to replace the sugar, and I also reduce it a little bit - using the pumpkin pie recipe on the Libby cans. I also up the cinnamon a bit because it's not enough, per the recipe. I can tell when the mixture smells just right.

The amount of Splenda that is split between all the servings of two whole pies is not enough to make 99% of people have any problem.

If somebody has extreme problems with sugar substitutes, however, maybe they should either use sugar or just not eat this dish. Smiley Happy

ETA - if you want some sugar you can do half and half with sugar and sugar substitute. I like it with all Splenda, though.