Regular Contributor
I have made this 4 times in the last month and I really love it! It's an old recipe that came out years ago when bisquik had all those "impossible" recipes for pies without a crust. Anyway, I love sweets, love pumpkin and fall flavors and I'm perpetually on weight watcher and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself when I have this. I have a dollop of cool whip on it ( I know, I know, I have to have something nutritionally icky now and then lol) and I'm happy! It ends up being only 3 WW'er points per serving...8 servings per pie. I changed a few things... Impossible pumpkin pie Ingredients Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch , 8 servings 3/4 cup white sugar ( I cut down on this and use 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 2 tbl white sugar and 1 tbl molasses instead ) 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix (I use heart healthy bisquick and this needed 1/4 tsp salt added) 2 tablespoons butter ( I leave this out and I don't miss it) 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk ( I use 2 percent or even skim, used water once and it was fine) 2 eggs 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I add 1/2 tsp cinnamon too ) 2 teaspoons vanilla extract ( I added a tbl rum too and it was good) PREP 10 mins COOK 50 mins READY IN 1 hr Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.(I use Pyrex) In a large bowl, combine sugar and baking mix. Stir in butter, milk and eggs. Then beat in pumpkin, spice and vanilla to mixture until smooth. Pour into pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate any remaining pie. High altitude directions: Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes.
Regular Contributor
Ugh, it's not allowing me to space the recipe , sorry for the block of text...it's basically this for easier reading 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 2 tbl white sugar and 1 tbl molasses 1/2 cup heart healthy bisquick 1/4 tsp salt 12 ounces evaporated milk, I use skim or 2 percent 2 eggs 15 ounce can plain pumpkin 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp vanilla (1 tbl rum added is optional but nice) Mix it all together and pour into a greased 9 inch Pyrex pie dish...bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. 8 slices are 3 weight watchers points.
Honored Contributor

This sounds really good. Smartones used to make a Key Lime Pie that I would ""save up"" points for! They no longer make it and I wish they did! It was the treat that kept me going strong on my WW diet!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

That's such a good recipe--thanks for posting it. I'd lost my copy of the Impossible Pumpkin.

There is a Morinu Pumpkin Pie (it uses those tetrapaks of tofu instead of egg.) It is very low cholesterol and it tastes wonderful. My late dad's doctor (who was the spitting image of Dr. Andrew Weil and a kind of hippy) gave us the recipe because Dad needed low cholesterol. It's great if you have people coming to Thanksgiving who can't do milk, eggs or are vegan (it happens, yes, to us EVERY year. We have one regular and one vegan feast!)

MORI-NU PUMPKIN PIE

egg free, milk free, low fat, low cholesterol and variation, LOW SUGAR.

• 1 pkgs Mori-Nu Lite Ex-Firm Tofu (For lighter texture, use Mori-Nu Firm Tofu)
  • 2 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
  • 2/3 cup barley malt syrup (you can use 2 Tbs Stevia in the Raw if you want LOW SUGAR see note)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, or next 4 ingredients
  • 3/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 unbaked 9" pie crust
NOTE RE STEVIA: You use 1/4 to 1 proportion of stevia to other sweeteners or less--you have to test out the filling (no egg, no problem) and adjust the sweetness. If it's allowed, a TBS of dark molasses can substitute for the flavor of the syrup AND give the authentic flavor to the pie. I add some stevia in the raw, then test it, then add some more until it seems sweet enough.

Drain tofu and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
Pour into a 9" unbaked pie crust.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately one hour.
Filling will be soft, but will firm up as it chills.
Chill and serve.

If you have GF people in addition to the problem of the eggs, milk, you can use a nut crust or crush GF cookies or graham crackers into a typical graham crust, melting Earth Balance spread to make the crust. Yeah, you NEVER know who has a dietary issue at a holiday feast, but it's not hard to adjust.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if you could use Agave syrup?

Valued Contributor
On 10/26/2014 MissButtercup said: I have made this 4 times in the last month and I really love it! It's an old recipe that came out years ago when bisquik had all those "impossible" recipes for pies without a crust. Anyway, I love sweets, love pumpkin and fall flavors and I'm perpetually on weight watcher and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself when I have this. I have a dollop of cool whip on it ( I know, I know, I have to have something nutritionally icky now and then lol) and I'm happy! It ends up being only 3 WW'er points per serving...8 servings per pie. I changed a few things... Impossible pumpkin pie Ingredients Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch , 8 servings

I corrected it to copy, so I thought I'd share here! So strange how these things happen, isn't it? Smiley Wink

Impossible pumpkin pie

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch , 8 servings

3/4 cup white sugar (I cut down on this and use 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 2 tbl white sugar and 1 tbl molasses instead)

1/2 cup biscuit baking mix (I use heart healthy bisquick and this needed 1/4 tsp salt added)

2 tablespoons butter (I leave this out and I don't miss it)

1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk (I use 2 percent or even skim, used water once and it was fine)

2 eggs

1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin puree

2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I add 1/2 tsp cinnamon too )

2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I added a tbl rum too and it was good)

PREP 10 mins COOK 50 mins READY IN 1 hr

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.(I use Pyrex)

In a large bowl, combine sugar and baking mix. Stir in butter, milk and eggs. Then beat in pumpkin, spice and vanilla to mixture until smooth.

Pour into pie pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate any remaining pie. High altitude directions:

Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for sharing, MissButtercup; I haven't made this in a very long time, and I remember it was so good! (I have not made it with your changes, though...and they sound wonderful!)

Respected Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Judaline said:

Sure you can, substitute for any other syrup. But the vaunted benefits of Agave may be overstated. Like green coffee beans and other trendy foods, the hype is sometimes overstated. It has fructose so is no better than any other sweetener. But it tastes good.

Honored Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Judaline said:

I'm guessing Agave syrup would taste great, but since it's high in carbs/sugar, I'm not using it anymore. We must have posted in the same minute Campion!
Respected Contributor

I've been spoiled for the last six years and don't have to bake a pumpkin pie. My DD discovered a wonderful recipe and treats me to a pie every year.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I know about agave. Mercola ran a huge post on how it's probably worse than plain sugar. But there's something in me that just CAN'T use sugar. I feel like I have to look over my shoulder. Don't like Stevia, don't trust Truvia. Mercola likes xylitol. How about honey? I know the carbs are the same but at least there are some benefits.