Valued Contributor

No Bake Individual Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
(recipe source: snixykitchen.com)

This mousse is simply delicious. It's such a nice alternative to pumpkin pie and I love that it's cute individual servings. I hope that you'll try it with that extra can of pumpkin puree that you have around the house.

HERE is the photo. It was too large to post. :-)

1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of ground cloves
Optional: 1/2 cup crushed up gingersnaps to line the bottom of the cups (but only if serving the same day, or they'll get soggy).

In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the whipped cream on high speed until it begins to froth, a couple of minutes. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream to a bowl and set aside. In the bowl of the stand mixer (no need to clean it), add the cream cheese and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.Fold in all but one cup of the whipped cream and mix until completely smooth. Using a piping bag fitted with a large star tip*, pipe the mousse into 4-6 small ramekins.

Optional: Line the bottom of the ramekins with crushed gingersnaps. Pipe a dollop of the reserved whipped cream on top of each ramekin and sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill for at least an hour before serving. Keep any leftovers chilled for up to two days.

Note: *If you don't have a piping bag and pastry tips, you can also cut the corner off of a Ziploc bag or just scoop the pumpkin cheesecake mousse into the dessert cups.

Respected Contributor

Re: No Bake Individual Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse

That sounds really good, and easy. Thanks.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Pumpkin Puree, not the pie filling? Not Libby's?

Then, what type of pumpkin? Sugar.

Valued Contributor

Hi debc! You're so welcome. It's really good. Enjoy!

Hi Skylands! The pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices. Sometimes it can be a bit much in recipes. So, I'd suggest either the 100% pure pumpkin or pumpkin puree. Either one would be great. Libby's does make them too. Hope this helps. If you try it, please let me know how they turn out.

Have a lovely day,

Respected Contributor

Oh, this sounds so good and easy. It just may be on my table for dessert on Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

Hiya Luvpoos! You're very welcome. It really is. I love test-driving new recipes before the holidays, that way I'm all set and less frazzled (hopefully). If you do make it please enjoy. Let me know.

Have a great day,

Respected Contributor

On 10/13/2014 LoLa said:

Hi debc! You're so welcome. It's really good. Enjoy!

Hi Skylands! The pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices. Sometimes it can be a bit much in recipes. So, I'd suggest either the 100% pure pumpkin or pumpkin puree. Either one would be great. Libby's does make them too. Hope this helps. If you try it, please let me know how they turn out.

Have a lovely day,

Yes, Libby's makes 2 types:

1)Pumpkin puree, which I use for pumpkin pies

2)Pumpkin pie filling, which I DONOT use.

Thank U.

Frequent Contributor

There is a great site called mybakingaddiction.com . There are lots of pumpkin desserts, mini desserts including nobake cheesecakes with pumpkin:

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Pumpkin Roll

Simple Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifles

Mini Pumpkin Tiramisu

Just type 'pumpkin' in the search box and other recipes show.

Regular Contributor

Hi LoLa, I have missed your terrific recipes lately. Hope you are well and just busy. This one has my name all over it. Will make it soon. Glad to see you posting and we enjoy your crockpot pork so much. Even the grand kiddles request it. Thanks.