Super Contributor

Ninja Mac and cheese recipe???

Can't find the recipe for the Ninja Mac and cheese. Help please and thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja Mac and cheese recipe???

This is from the Ninja Cooking site.

A macaroni and cheese version of spaghetti pie, this recipe features cheese-sauced pasta baked in a Cheddar bread crumb crust. Everything is cooked in the same pot for easy cleanup.

Ingredients

4 cups water

1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni

3/4 cup butter

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour

5 cups whole milk

6 3/4 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese

Salt and ground black pepper

Cooking spray

1 1/2 cups bread crumbs

Instructions

Pour water into pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH. Heat uncovered to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Cook uncovered 9 minutes or until macaroni is just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove macaroni from pot and drain well in colander, reserving 1 cup cooking water.

Add 1/2 cup butter to pot. Set to STOVETOP MED and heat until butter is melted. Stir in flour. Cook uncovered 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered 3 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in 6 cups Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, salt, and pepper until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally. Turn off pot.

Stir cheese mixture, macaroni, and reserved cooking water in large bowl. Wipe pot clean.

Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir melted butter, bread crumbs, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano in bowl. Spray pot with cooking spray. Press bread crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of pot. Pour in macaroni mixture. Set OVEN to 350°F for 20 minutes, checking after 15 minutes. Cook until golden brown on bottom and sides and invert onto plate.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/search/0/all/70/upside-down-mac-and-cheese

Super Contributor

thank you so much!!

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone tried this recipe yet?

Honored Contributor

On 10/7/2014 hopi said:

Has anyone tried this recipe yet?

I have not tried it. I don't have the Ninja. I think I would like it better without the bread crumb crust. I love the Four Cheese mac n' cheese recipe for the Masterbuilt smoker that you can also make in the oven. It just won't have the smoked flavor.

Ingredients
1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 cups milk

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into large chunks

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

2 cups (8 ounces) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded

2 cups (8 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded

1 cup (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions
Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225°.

Cook pasta according to package directions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper.

In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, and cream sauce. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 9-1/2-inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.

Place in smoker and cook 1 hours at 225°, until brown, bubbly and delicious.