Honored Contributor

I have three overripe bananas sitting on my counter. Any easy-peasy recipes?

I have a good banana bread recipe, but I'm in the mood for something different.

Any good, easy recipes?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: I have three overripe bananas sitting on my counter. Any easy-peasy recipes?

Respected Contributor

Re: I have three overripe bananas sitting on my counter. Any easy-peasy recipes?

Banana bread!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Put one into oatmeal for breakfast. Freeze the other 2, with skins off and microwave along with the oatmeal in future breakfasts. Use lots of cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg.. You asked for easy. Or baked bananas with butter, brown sugar, and vanilla--3 servings. Again, you asked for easy.

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 nikkimom said:

How overripe? If not too ripe then ice cream !!

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-cooking-lessons-from-...

Here's the link. Have you tried this? It looks good and easy, but I'm concerned it will be slimy.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

This is a recipe that Lynneuk resurrected for me for the same reason several weeks ago....I made one or two changes, and I've made it about 6 times - have 1/2 a cake in my fridge now...this is delicious! It's so easy to make and so good - I have to share it when I make it, but sometimes I'd like to eat the whole thing! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

BANANA BUTTERSCOTCH BUNDT CAKE

1 yellow cake mix

1 3oz package of dry butterscotch pudding mix

3 eggs

1/3 cup canola oil

1 cup water

3 bananas mashed well

Heat oven to 350.Butter and flour a bundt pan very well.

Mix everything very well. Pour into bundt pan and bake 50 minutes or til tests done. Mine took about 55 minutes.

Cool in pan for 30 minutes then turn out.

Make a glaze of powdered sugar and maple syrup and pour over cold cake.

I didn't have any butterscotch pudding mix when she posted the recipe and didn't want to go to the store. So I used Coconut Cream Instant, and added a cup of chopped walnuts, and used part melted butter and part canola oil for the 1/3 cup oil. I can't believe how moist and delicious this cake is....I like it so much the way I made it I haven't tried it with butterscotch pudding. I don't even make the glaze-I love it just the way it comes from the oven!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Forgot to add, this is so different from banana bread......Smile

Super Contributor

Add them to pancake batter then make pancakes as you normally would

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 house_cat said:
On 9/26/2014 nikkimom said:

How overripe? If not too ripe then ice cream !!

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-cooking-lessons-from-...

Here's the link. Have you tried this? It looks good and easy, but I'm concerned it will be slimy.

I have ! Its yummy Smiley Happy not slimy at all !

Honored Contributor

Thank you! Now I need to get off the computer, because so far I'm having biscuits, banana ice cream and banana pancakes for breakfast. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I found this recipe & thought it looked good

Haven't tried it yet, but have banana's in the freezer

Check out the website, she has pictures and they look yummy!

http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2014/02/11/moist-chewy-banana-oatmeal-cookies/

BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tsp cornstarch
3 cups old fashioned oats

Instructions

1. Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until well combined.
2. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and cornstarch and mix until combined.
3. Stir in oats.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten dough a little bit, into thick discs. They will spread a little when baked.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
7. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.