Valued Contributor

I saw this on my friend's Pinterest page, and I think it sounds great, especially if you are feeding a crowd or having a brunch! I think you could even do scrambled eggs this way......and add some grated cheese, etc....hmmm.. Smiley Happy

Just thought I'd share!

I put the web site below, so you can access it and I wanted to give thefinishedplate.com the credit!

Baked Eggs (in a muffin tin)

First, spray your muffin tin with a little oil.

Next, crack your eggs and drop them into the muffin tins.

You can sprinkle salt and pepper over them or add any other spices, herbs, flavorings, or mix-ins as you wish!

Place into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.

Then, let them cool slightly and pry them out with a fork or a spoon.

IMG_8792

http://thefinishedplate.com/baked-eggs-in-a-muffin-tin/

Contributor
Oh wow, this looks great! I am going to try this and add it to my Thanksgiving breakfast menu! Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Great idea for a crowd! You can also do mini frittatas in muffin tins. USe scrambled egg, fresh veggies, meats and a little cheese on top. A good combo is spinach, sauteed onion, cheddar and bacon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks! This looks good!

Trusted Contributor
My sister has made these for years. She puts homemade salsa on them
Esteemed Contributor

There's another name for these that starts with a C. I've never made them. Does anyone know what it is?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
AKA shirred eggs, I think. Looks yummy.
Trusted Contributor

My friend uses her silicone muffin pan to make these. She says they pop right out.

Super Contributor

The picture looks wonderful--but is that just eggs in each ""muffin""? Nothing else? The photo looks like the egg is in and on top of some other ingredient.

Honored Contributor

I make poached eggs in my rice cooker similar to this. I'll have to try this and see how different they are.