Valued Contributor

cold curry pasta chicken salad

Had this for dinner last night and it is delicious! 1 half cup low fat mayo ,2 T. Sweet and fruity mango chutney, 2 tsp. Fresh lemon juice, 1tsp curry powder , 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp. Prepared mustard , 1/2 tsp. Garlic salt, 2 small diced apples , 1 cup thinly sliced celery, 2 thinly sliced green onions, 3 cups cooked chicken cut in chunks , 3 T. Toasted sliced almonds, 1 cup cooked and cooled pasta . In medium sized bowl, combine mayo, chutney, lemon juice, and seasoning s . add apples , celery, green onions , chicken, pasta, and almonds, mix and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill and let flavors blend. We also added some raisins and green grapes. It was so good!
Occasional Contributor

Re: cold curry pasta chicken salad

That sounds really good. I make something similar with dried cherries. My local Publix store used to make what they called Bombay chicken salad when they had too many roasted chickens on hand. They discontinued it but your recipe is really close. Try it everybody.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing; Its been 90 degrees here in So. Cal., cold salad sounds great.
Respected Contributor

There is nothing about this recipe that does not sound delicious!!! It's bookmarked and on my list.I love curried chicken salad made with chutney. This one is has a new twist.Thanks!!!
Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

On 9/16/2014 springers said: Thanks for sharing; Its been 90 degrees here in So. Cal., cold salad sounds great.
tell me about it! I'm in Oceanside, Hot and so humid, I don't remember it ever being like this before!
Trusted Contributor

Persephonel, since your in so cal, where do you buy chutney (jam?)? I was thinking of Trader Joes mango salsa, but thats not very sweet.
Valued Contributor

On 9/16/2014 springers said: Persephonel, since your in so cal, where do you buy chutney (jam?)? I was thinking of Trader Joes mango salsa, but thats not very sweet.
we got the mango chutney at stater brothers grocery store...
Valued Contributor

I finally found a recipe worthy of the recipe swap!! Hope you love it!
Regular Contributor

I am so glad you posted this......honestly!! Every so often I'll see this in the Deli case at a local grocery chain store, and I'll just get a small container for me. DH doesn't care for it. I think they have chopped cashews in theirs. The chopped nuts seemed softer to me than any other nut type, especially almonds. Don't know why I didn't figure out how to make it myself before. Probably because I'd eat the whole darn thing instead of a small plastic container of it.

Can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks again!!